Do you plan to buy at least one rental property this year?

Do you plan to buy at least one rental property this year?

Rene HosmanPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2024 · 583 posts · 653 votes

The stock market fluctuation has been rightfully making a lot of headlines, and I've been tempted to change my investing strategy even though I am a long-term buy and hold investor (for both stocks and real estate). I have no intentions of retiring in the next ~10 years and I keep trying to remind myself that smart, diversified investments will usually pan out in the long run if you're able to ride the waves in the meantime. 

With Q1 done, I'm curious if anyone has revised their investing plans for the year given the very large waves we've been facing? Or maybe you changed your investing plan for other reasons besides the market? Were you planning to buy a house this year and said never mind? Or maybe you weren't planning to buy a rental this year but now taking your money and putting it in an asset you have a bit more control over seems prudent? 

Let me know what your investing ideas were at the beginning of the year and how/if they've changed!

73 votes total

Yes, this has been my plan
Yes, but this was not my plan
No, but in Jan I thought I would
No, was never my plan
BiggerPockets
0Reply
7 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.