Obei Insurance, Does anyone have any experience with them?

Obei Insurance, Does anyone have any experience with them?

Investor · Arizona & Oregon Coast · Member since 2023 · 128 posts · 113 votes

We are working on getting a new insurance policy for one of our properties. small 3 unit property on the Oregon Coast. Our current insurance company decided to not renew the policy. (zero claims or issues) We are looking at going with Obei Insurance, they focus specifically on investor real estate. We are just not as familiar with them so want to see if anyone else has any experience with them.

Thank You

1Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

David OjoPro Member
MD · Member since 2024 · 58 posts · 26 votes
1y

Hey! I think you might be referring to Obie Insurance? If so, I'm actually insuring two rental properties with them. They don't charge an arm and a leg, and my experience with them has been pretty great so far. That said, I haven't had to file a claim yet, so I can't speak to that part of the process. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • David OjoPro Member
    MD · Member since 2024 · 58 posts · 26 votes
    1y

    Hey! I think you might be referring to Obie Insurance? If so, I'm actually insuring two rental properties with them. They don't charge an arm and a leg, and my experience with them has been pretty great so far. That said, I haven't had to file a claim yet, so I can't speak to that part of the process. 

  • Investor · Arizona & Oregon Coast · Member since 2023 · 128 posts · 113 votes
    1y
    Quote from @David Ojo:

    Hey! I think you might be referring to Obie Insurance? If so, I'm actually insuring two rental properties with them. They don't charge an arm and a leg, and my experience with them has been pretty great so far. That said, I haven't had to file a claim yet, so I can't speak to that part of the process. 


     Yes thank you, I didn't catch that typo of mine. Thanks for the info.

  • Roque MirandaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Miami FL · Member since 2024 · 61 posts · 32 votes
    1y

    Hi Brian, 
    I have Obie in my properties now, although I've never filed a claim with them so far, they are the better rates I can find, ask for their tenant liability coverage, I paid an extra 107 dollars a year and they cover up to 100k if a tenant severely damage your property. 

    Let's hope we never have to use it!! GOOD luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · San DIego · Member since 2019 · 177 posts · 185 votes
    1y

    Our Oregon Properties are insured with Pacific Casualty. SFR Rentals and vacation home. The rates are ok. We haven't made any claims, so I can't speak to that aspect.

  • Roque MirandaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Miami FL · Member since 2024 · 61 posts · 32 votes
    1y

    I have a claim now with Obie, the adjuster will be on the property today, is a water damage situation, need sub flooring repairs and all new flooring, also base boards some drywall and paint, so far, they are VERY responsive and quick, I will keep you all posted.

    Hava a BLESS day everyone!! 

  • Investor · WA, United States · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    @Roque Miranda How did that go?

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2023 · 28 posts · 20 votes
    1y

    I'm the Co-Founder of Obie, own a small portfolio of rentals, and am fairly active in the BP community. If anyone has questions on our company or landlord insurance in general, feel free to DM me!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.