Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Sean Gammons
Pro Member
Votes |
Where to start by adding a mobile home onto my property?

Sean Gammons
Pro Member
Posted May 4 2024, 04:00

I have called the city and my land is unzoned. I am able to put up to 3 mobile homes on my land. I currently have one mobile home that was already on it when I purchased the land. If I want to add another one do I start by filing a permit for another septic tank with the city? If I get approved for a 2nd septic tank does that automatically mean I am approved to have a 2nd mobile home on my land? I just don't want to put a septic tank on my land then get told later down the road that I can't place another mobile home on the property. Any advice on where to start when considering putting more septic tanks on your land to add more mobile homes? As I said I have already called the town and they said my land is unzoned and I can have 3 mobile homes on the land in theory if everything else checks out.

User Stats

Votes
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 4 2024, 18:03

@Sean Gammons If your land is zoned for up to three mobile homes, then you should be able to file a permit to put another septic tank on the land if that's what you want to do. This is something you can double check with the city. 

Also, when talking with different septic companies you can also bring this issue up as I find contractors to be very helpful when it comes to permits and the city or county. They may be able to give you some input and feedback based on their experience. 

Hope that helps!