Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Commercial Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jason Lavoie
Votes |
Commercial Real Estate Platform Reccomendations.

Jason Lavoie
Posted

I have seen quite a few CRE platforms (Loopnet, Reonomy, Crexi etc.) and all have horrible ratings with the Better Business Bureau.

What does everyone here use as a reliable source of info to prospect and be able to do due diligence? When diving into this world, i don't want to get caught with my pants down! 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Mason
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
ModeratorReplied

The Boomer Business Bureau isn't a credible source of information.

Loopnet and Crexi are the industry standard consumer-facing sources for CRE. Your due diligence is when you hire an inspector, when you review the estoppels, etc. Beyond the scope of what a general listing website does. 

If you read the 1-star reviews on BBB for Loopnet, for example, it's a bunch of apartment renters pissed that their water heater is broken and stuff like that. Blaming Loopnet for an allegedly bad property manager is like blaming Zillow for an allegedly bad realtor...

I'm sure if Loopnet was stupid enough to give ransom money to BBB, BBB would take down the bad reviews and un-filter any good reviews (which is the entire business model of BBB).

CommLoan Logo

User Stats

Votes
Adam Bartomeo
Property Manager
Pro Member
#4 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
#4 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Replied

The BBB is a scam. They try to hold you hostage to get fees. I wouldn't use them as a creditable source for any ratings. I trust Google more.

We use Costar, which owns Loopnet and sometime we use Crexi.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Henry Clark
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Replied

OP you mentioned to prospect and due diligence.  Use the sources noted above.  Using Loopnet or Crexi identify the top Commercial agents in that market for your type of investment.  Get to know them and note your Buy Box.  They will be your best source for Due Diligence to begin with.  Always use a Buyers agent, if you find a property on your own.  Use your local Property Tax GIS website to get further info.  After that, you need to develop a checklist for looking at properties.  No one else is going to help you with Due Diligence.  Get caught with your pants down on paper first, it costs less.  You have to fail first to learn.

User Stats

Votes
Ameet Mehta
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied

Wow, can’t believe Crexi was trashed on BBB. I wouldn't be so sure to trust their ratings though. My advice: stick to Google Reviews. I can’t say about Loopnet but Crexi is a good platform. In fact I know a few people who have had good experiences with Crexi. You can also try SponsorCloud. They have this feature where the investors’ accreditation status verification is automated. This has made the prospecting and due diligence process much simpler. And hey if you do try Loopnet let us know how your experience was.

User Stats

Votes
Graham Rider
  • Developer
Votes |
  • Developer
Replied

There are no golden bullets for platforms. I use reonomy quite a bit and it is useful but not perfect same with all the others. Loopnet and Crexi are where most things will be posted if the agent is commercial and its on the market. Get familiar with your county property records and track the business journals relating to your market notable transactions will be noted there.