Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Commercial Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Yolanda D'Oyen
Votes |
Commercial Investor financing and support for Female RE Investorss

Yolanda D'Oyen
Posted

Good morning

I am a Female Real Estate Investor and Developer.

Is this a Forum where I and other Women Investors like myself can share ideas/projects or network amongst each other so we can support each other... especially when trying to attain FINANCING on a Higher Level?

as we certainly could use it as Females forging ahead in this Exciting predominantly male dominated field...

So they stop looking at us like we have 2 heads or “shudnt we still belong in the kitchen?” ..

😳

I cannot show my current project in this forum... but please I am Open to Advice

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Welcome to the forum, @Yolanda D'Oyen and best of luck with your project! I am not (yet) into commercial RE as I am just starting out BRRRR on my first property which God willing I plan to convert it to a duplex from the single-family that it is now. When I am ready with the numbers I will post them somewhere in the forums for feeedback! Keep blazing the trail!

User Stats

Votes
Yolanda D'Oyen
Votes |
Replied

Thank you @Joyce Beck... unfortunately with this forum we cant post any websites or any specifics for our projects.. so we wont be able to get any real help of advice for our specific needs... as I was hoping

Its been a challenging climb I tell you on this level of Project... and Yes I keep forging ahead with Gods leading, guidance and strength.. step by step.

Most are fascinated at how far I have come and now need to find additional investors to get to the next level... construction

I have permits and everything now

I even have a SBA approval but we are over the $5M limit so need Bridge financing to close the GAP of $2.7M

I have come too far to stop now... 

Much thanks and Blessings to you for your encouragement... Keep the Faith first and foremost... 

We can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us.. Halleluiah!!

Hemlane logo
Hemlane
|
Sponsored
The future of property management is here! Automate rent, repairs, and listings & get 70% more free time back in your life!

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Did you need to show prior fundraising proof to the SBA before receiving their approval @Yolanda D'Oyen?

User Stats

Votes
Yolanda D'Oyen
Votes |
Replied

No and Yes... I showed them the whole business model and spreadsheet...
We ordered the Feasibility study and appraisal

Then they gave me a Term Letter that states everything even construction cost analysis by their 3rd party

Thats where we are at

we have a GAP of $2.7M
We came up with the strategy last night.. that at the very least we need $1.5M cash to pay a balloon payment by June 27 or it forecloses... the lord will not let that happen.

So I have the green light from the Lord to talk to all the interested investors as He is opening up the doors of Favor

User Stats

Votes
Yolanda D'Oyen
Votes |
Replied

Then we will continue to close the $5M SBA loan showing them that we have that gap... and proof of funds at that time