Purchase 8-unit as commercial building or as 8 separate condos?

Purchase 8-unit as commercial building or as 8 separate condos?

Devin A HanleyPro Member
Rental Property Investor · King County, Wa. · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 2 votes

Hello,

I am looking into an 8-unit apartment building. The builder had the apartment classified as condos, so that is what they technically still are. 

I am curious if there is any benefit to buying this as 8 separate mortgages rather than as 1 commercial building. I understand that the rates may be better if purchased individually. I believe that it then also gives me the option to sell them individually down the road if I would like. 

But, the overall process of this seems like it could be a bit more messy. 

Do any of you have any insight, suggestions or pros/cons to this that I may be missing? Thank you for any insights you may have!

0Reply
6 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.