• Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
considering Inglewood CA,

Darya Attar
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Feb 1 2016, 04:20

I am looking at Inglewood CA for a buy hold fixup and rent.  I went to an open house in my target area, between La Cienega and La Brea, just around Centinela. It seems like just west of the 405 and with the new NFL stadium moving in there would be more action there. The housing for so close to the west side seems like 500 K for a 5000 square foot lot, single family home in the LA market is interesting. Specially if that was rentable. What do you all think? I am not sure how much rent you could get for a 3 bed 2 bath single family home, fixed up of course. In Mar vista, you can rent a similar home for about 5 k a month, but you have to pay 1 million for the house. But Inglewood is close to jobs in the Playa area and if you could rent a house that you spent all in 6oo K on for 3 K a month, that would be interesting. any thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Johnson
  • Inglewood, CA
Votes |
  • Inglewood, CA
Replied Feb 1 2016, 07:52

@Darya Attar

Inglewood is a changing city and has been for some time now. I used to live in the Morningside Park area, about 2min east of the stadium (2012-2015) and rent ranged from $2k to $2.4k depending on amenities and that was for a 3 & 1 SFR before the stadium/team confirmation. Rent is on the rise and will be for quite sometime. Also, Inglewood dose not have rent control and don't forget about the section 8 possibilities.

User Stats

Votes
Courtney W.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Inglewood, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Inglewood, CA
Replied May 15 2016, 10:18

North Inglewood is definitely a place to consider buying and holding. Right now finding inventory is the only major issue, if you can find a property then just be prepared to pay over asking, but it is definitely worth it. After the announcement of the Stadium, my property value increased 100K. 

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.