Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Ashley Nelson
Pro Member
Votes |
Financing for a 10 unit post rehab ARV 750K?

Ashley Nelson
Pro Member
Posted May 23 2024, 08:19

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a spanking deal on a gut rehab job where with ~300K in I can buy and reno a 10 unit apartment unit in a B/C class neighborhood. The ARV would be 780K at a 8% cap rate and I'd have a government contract to rent the units out to vetrans. I've been told I can get rehab budget (basically hard money terms) but I'll struggle to get commercial financing given the number of units and valuation. I'd hope to actually only do a 50% LTV to keep this cashflowing solidly but get my money back out. Long term buy and hold strategy for at least the next 5-10 years.

Any thoughts on how to take this on or watchouts besides? Thank you! 

User Stats

Votes
Brian Cauldwell
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied May 23 2024, 08:49

There should be long-term solutions/financing for this property. The $78k value per unit and total value of $780,000 are well over many lenders' minimum requirements. 

One thing to consider is that many lenders like to see 12 months of operating history. For the rehab loan, I would look at options longer than a 12-month loan. A 24-month loan would be preferred so you can build up the last 12 months of cash flow for the property.