Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Home Sale advice

Joanna Quan Soon
Posted May 7 2024, 13:45

Hi, 

My partner and I are in the process of selling a property in Annapolis Maryland. It’s in great shape and I am working with a realtor to get it off the market. It was originally bought to be lived in the on the top floor while renting out the in law suite. However,jobs and other commits result in the decision to sell . We replaced several kitchen appliances , there is a new well on the property and it’s all fenced in. It would be a great place for landlords or house hackers due to the split foyer and double kitchen. I think due interest rates and lack of full master bedroom we can’t get it off the market .

Any advice on what we can try? 
We have reduced the price and don’t want to go into another tenant agreement. Thoughts ?

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
  • Severna Park, MD
Replied May 7 2024, 16:48

Odd that its not selling . There is little inventory in Anne Arundel county in the nice areas . You say Annapolis , but Annapolis zip codes go out very far into the county , like Cape St Clair is an Annapolis zip . If its not selling its , location , price , or condition or a combination of all 3 

User Stats

Votes
Joanna Quan Soon
Replied May 7 2024, 19:00

Yep, we want to avoid any rental agreements at the moment to give the home a fighting chance for showings

It’s in the Hillsmere area, about 10-15mins from the naval academy. 

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Russell Brazil
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorReplied May 8 2024, 04:30
Quote from @Joanna Quan Soon:

Hi, 

My partner and I are in the process of selling a property in Annapolis Maryland. It’s in great shape and I am working with a realtor to get it off the market. It was originally bought to be lived in the on the top floor while renting out the in law suite. However,jobs and other commits result in the decision to sell . We replaced several kitchen appliances , there is a new well on the property and it’s all fenced in. It would be a great place for landlords or house hackers due to the split foyer and double kitchen. I think due interest rates and lack of full master bedroom we can’t get it off the market .

Any advice on what we can try? 
We have reduced the price and don’t want to go into another tenant agreement. Thoughts ?

The market is hot, hot, hot.

If it's not selling, it's either over priced or being marketed poorly.