Want to be a Real Estate Agent assistant...

Want to be a Real Estate Agent assistant...

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

So I'm a newbie in Real Estate Investing and Real Estate in general, my current focus is to get out of my fast food job and get into a job related to real estate.  While I need to work a job to live, I would much rather be in a job where I can immerse myself in the industry while also building great connections.

I went to a few Real Estate firms with my resume in hand just asking if anybody would like an assistant, or somebody to do data entry or anything.  A few pushed me to try and work for my Real Estate License.

Is it worth it to get my license?  I don't want to be an agent, I simply want to immerse myself in real estate investing.  Any thoughts?

Or any tips from  a real estate agent on the best way to approach for an assistant?  What is it that you look for when hiring for help?  Any help at all is appreciated!

0Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    @Clark Sugabo Hello Clark and welcome! I would suggest you to get your license just for the pure benefit of having it. The best way to immerse yourself in any industry is to understand the nuts and bolts of every nook and cranny. Think about applying for a leasing job or property management position with your license in hand for a second... It shows that you made the effort to provide a service in real estate. In getting your license, you will learn about contracts, your state's real estate legal laws, as well access to the MLS for your own deals. Plus if you happen to come across someone whom needs real estate services, hey, you're their guy! Use the commission for your next deal.

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    @Clark Sugabo great idea. You don't need to get licensed. 80% of what you learn for the state exam is useless in the real world. And you have ongoing expenses and continued education to maintain your license.

    Most brokerages support a single agent culture, so it's a bit of an uphill battle. Keller Williams encourages agents to build teams, it's part of the culture and the first step is usually an assistant. Go to the next KW market center and ask to speak to the team leader. Bring a flyer about you, your availability and what you can/will do.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Clark Sugabo:

    So I'm a newbie in Real Estate Investing and Real Estate in general, my current focus is to get out of my fast food job and get into a job related to real estate.  While I need to work a job to live, I would much rather be in a job where I can immerse myself in the industry while also building great connections.

    I went to a few Real Estate firms with my resume in hand just asking if anybody would like an assistant, or somebody to do data entry or anything.  A few pushed me to try and work for my Real Estate License.

    Is it worth it to get my license?  I don't want to be an agent, I simply want to immerse myself in real estate investing.  Any thoughts?

    Or any tips from  a real estate agent on the best way to approach for an assistant?  What is it that you look for when hiring for help?  Any help at all is appreciated!

    Typically Agents hire assistants, not brokerages. I recommend you check the job listing websites in your area to see if any agents are hiring.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.