Direct Mail for Listings — Any Investor-Friendly Agents Still Doing This?

Direct Mail for Listings — Any Investor-Friendly Agents Still Doing This?

Real Estate Broker · Boone, NC · Member since 2024 · 82 posts · 55 votes

Hey everyone — I'm an agent working in the High Country of North Carolina (Boone, Banner Elk, Blowing Rock area). I mainly work with second-home owners, out-of-town investors, and people looking to sell properties that have STR potential.

Lately, I’ve been leaning into direct mail to build listing relationships — not for acquisitions, but just good old-fashioned sales prospecting.

Here’s what I’m doing:

• Targeting expired listings and absentee owners (in-state only for now)

• Sending personalized letters printed at home — no fancy mail house, just sweat equity

• Keeping it honest and simple — offering market updates, home evals, or just checking in if they’re still considering selling

I’m curious — are any other agents here using mail in 2025? Has it actually worked for you?

And if so, what’s been most effective: postcards, letters, QR codes, hand signatures, follow-up cadence?

Would love to swap ideas or hear what’s working (or not) for you in your market.

2Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Taylor DaschBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
    1y

    I have done okay when I was doing the personalized hand written letters just got pretty lazy. How has your success been? I found that going to their door is more effective honestly. 

  • Nashville, TN · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    How many letters do you send out, how often, and what is your response rate?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.