Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Garfield Thompson
  • Bloomfield, CT
Votes |
Contractor Contract Template

Garfield Thompson
  • Bloomfield, CT
Posted Aug 21 2019, 11:59

Do anyone have some good advice or sample contracts for contractors during a Fix and Flip?

User Stats

Votes
Eric H.
  • Real Estate Solutions Provider
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Solutions Provider
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Aug 22 2019, 02:40

@Garfield Thompson Great morning and Welcome to BP!

Check the File Place. I would recommend that you have any contracts you find there reviewed by a local attorney.

I wish you the best!!

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
  • Severna Park, MD
Replied Aug 22 2019, 03:35

You shouldnt need one . When you hire a Professional licensed and insured contractor he will provide one to you when you hire them . 

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Garfield Thompson
  • Bloomfield, CT
Votes |
  • Bloomfield, CT
Replied Aug 22 2019, 07:32

@Eric H.

Thank you for Replying I see where the contracts are kept.

User Stats

Votes
Garfield Thompson
  • Bloomfield, CT
Votes |
  • Bloomfield, CT
Replied Aug 22 2019, 07:38

@Matthew Paul

I should need my own contracts for any contractor. If his contracts are to protect himself and team but don’t protect me the way I want to. Especially if a contractor starts a project then mid way says he needs money up front or he’s not going to finish or etc. I would like a contract in place Incase I need to take action.

User Stats

Votes
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
  • Severna Park, MD
Replied Aug 22 2019, 12:42

@Garfield Thompson That sounds all well and good . But if you are hiring real professionals , they wont sign your agreement . And here in Maryland , by law the contractor must supply the contract with a bunch of legal stipulations the State of Md requires . Now you may find a novice contractor or "Chuck in a Truck " who may sign what you have . And naturally a contractors agreement will protect him , thats the point , to describe the work in detail , the payment schedule , and many other things . 

Contractors are businesses , you dont bring your contract to a car dealer to buy a new car , you dont write up your loan agreement when you borrow money . Dont expect a professional to sign your "contract" 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 17 2020, 04:29

@Garfield Thompson or @Matthew Paul, does anyone in the industry do redlines? In my industrial line of work, either the contractor or the "owner" can supply a working contract (MSA), but sometimes we go through a couple rounds of negotiation before we come to an agreement on terms.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 8 2021, 13:19

@Garfield Thompson and @Matthew Paul - Currently interested in this because my Contractor (who I have validated and verified through references) indicated he doesn't have a contract he uses. Anyone have one available that they've seen / used in the past?

User Stats

Votes
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
  • Severna Park, MD
Replied Dec 8 2021, 13:33
Originally posted by @Naweed Moalikyar:

@Garfield Thompson and @Matthew Paul - Currently interested in this because my Contractor (who I have validated and verified through references) indicated he doesn't have a contract he uses. Anyone have one available that they've seen / used in the past?

If your so called CONTRACTor  doesnt have or use contracts , you are dealing with a non licensed worker . they are not a contractor

User Stats

Votes
John R.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta
Replied Jan 21 2022, 08:27

Garfiled, You are completely right. How did the contract work out for you? Did it help avoid problems,  Can you share the contract you ended up using?