Q: Historical prioce appreciation for a given county

Q: Historical prioce appreciation for a given county

Kevin McGuirePro Member
CTO of BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 168 posts · 178 votes
I have a friend who posed me the following question:

"How do you find historical price appreciation numbers for a given county?"

I thought, "What a great question!".

He is considering buying a house for his sister and wants a sense of possible appreciation over time. He's asking purely for financial planning, it won't affect his choice.

Thanks in advance.

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    I believe Zillow has a county level Home Price Index. The FHA also publishes an index but I can't recall if it's available at the county level.

    CoreLogic’s indices tend to be better but you must pay to access them.

  • Kevin McGuirePro Member
    OP
    CTO of BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 168 posts · 178 votes
    7y

    @Sean Lasher thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.