Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 137 votes
I am curious what people are thinking about for goals for 2019- are they financial? are they personal growth focused? are they multi-leveled? What are you doing to meet these goals to hold yourself accountable? How are you or do you keep track?
Kyparissia, Messinia · Member since 2017 · 94 posts · 43 votes
7y
Our personal goals for 2019 are: My husband to retire by the end of the year. Now that we have finally taken care of any other obligations and saved up enough to buy our first rental, we hope that by next spring to have acheived that goal.
I also will try to be more mindful and stoic. To live in the moment, taking one thing at a time. It is easier for me to take small steps that bring me closer to my goals. By following a process, I find that I eventually achieve what I want.
Investor · Fort Scott, KS · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 3 votes
7y
@Kyle Mitchell I have also been looking into buying existing businesses. Can you tell me some steps you use or a little secret. I am having a tough time finding a good business and if I do they think they are worth way more then they are.
Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y
@Joel Francis YouTube University! Start there.......Wholesale Inc.....Max maxwell......watch as many as you can. Then there are several wholesaling groups on FB, join and connect.
Flipper/Rehabber · Miami, FL · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
7y
@Matthew Perry I really want to find a mentor in 2019. Im a recent college grad and just now getting into real estate. I've done so much research and completed some classes. Im ready to go!!! But I just want to find someone that will give me guidance.
Investor · Toronto, ON · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
7y
@Matthew Perry
My main goal is to buy my 2nd deal in 2019. Looking at fix/flipping a SFH in Toronto. Aiming to pull the trigger in July. Bought my first deal in July as my primary residence in Toronto. Still new to this game.
Other goal is to connect with as many people as possible, expand the cash flow and learn more.
Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
7y
Wow. Not even sure.
Have written a response here 3 or 4 times now, and I keep putting wishy-washy responses that I keep deleting. So that in itself tells me that I got some serious work to do, just getting my objectives set.
Yuma, AZ · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 137 votes
7y
@Matthew Perry hope to finish buying 6 more properties total 15 mortgage free . I like to carry the notes and do lot of nothing.. REI has been the easiest money making business i have owned. Have fun all..
Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 25 votes
7y
Great Question!
Among many other day to day goals, my main objective is to acquire a 50-100 unit multi that has value add potential and reposition within 18 months. That will get us enough to be able to seamlessly jump in syndication!
Madisonville, LA · Member since 2018 · 125 posts · 71 votes
7y
Health
Really improved diet in 2018 but step that up
Tweak workout regime to add 10lbs of muscle and get back to my peak shape
Personal
2-3 family vacations. Go fishing or something outdoors 2-3 times/month during good weather to get kids into it since they are at that age to start. Monthly date night with the wife
Job
Do what is needed to get one more promotion at my engineering job in 2020. After that its lagniappe.
Real Estate
Buy 2 more rental properties
Finish my massive home remodel... Finally!! Then pull a home equity loan which will give me a enough for 3-5 properties in 2020/21
Toledo, OH · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 27 votes
7y
My goal is to sign up for pro and get two deal a month and go to the gym a least 4 times a week. Hope to retire in two years :-) Thanks for bringing this up Matthew Perry
Lender · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 36 posts · 30 votes
7y
@Matthew Perry what a great post! My partner and I just put our plan on paper so I’ve got an answer ready.
1) Close 6 wholesale deals per month with our 2 primary cash buyers.
2) Aquire 1 rental per month.
3) By year’s end, set up relationships with a few select cash buyers whereby they bring the money and we bring the deals/management and we split the cashflow.
That puts us in a great position for our 5 year goal of owning 100+ units.