Wholesaler · Taylor, MI · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 6 votes
I want to make a CL ad for bird dogs. Is there a certain way I should word it? I don't want to say anything that would seem like Im doing anything illegal. I am still learning. Is there any good articles on how to get bird dogs on your team and the interview process?
Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 209 posts · 58 votes
10y
To start off, you are not doing anything illegal. In your ad state that you're looking for motivated people to help assist you in finding deals. Give them your criteria and if you close on the property pay them a fee (usually $500).
Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 209 posts · 58 votes
10y
To start off, you are not doing anything illegal. In your ad state that you're looking for motivated people to help assist you in finding deals. Give them your criteria and if you close on the property pay them a fee (usually $500).
Rental Property Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2013 · 285 posts · 220 votes
10y
Another thing you could try is to make a business card or something with your info and give it to people who are in the areas you are looking to invest. I have been checking out properties and the neighbor comes over and tells me about more houses where the owner may want to sell. They get a card. I hand them out to the mail carriers, ice cream van, or whoever is driving areas and would like to make an extra $500.
To start off, you are not doing anything illegal. In your ad state that you're looking for motivated people to help assist you in finding deals. Give them your criteria and if you close on the property pay them a fee (usually $500).
Been wondering, how can the bird dogs follow up to see if any of their leads get converted to a closed deal? I want to start placing ads for bird dogs soon and I'm not sure how to answer that question.
Louisville, KY · Member since 2015 · 209 posts · 58 votes
10y
So I've been a bird dog and it's just simply following up with the buyer via email or phone. But it's on the buyer to notify the bid dog that they closed on the deal. @Jake Knight
Wholesaler · Taylor, MI · Member since 2015 · 35 posts · 6 votes
10y
For me I plan to send each bird dog an agreement of services. I keep my word even if I didnt have a contract. They should know a deal closed when they receive their money.
Rental Property Investor · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2016 · 205 posts · 85 votes
10y
@Joseph King Thanks for all the great advice on here. I was searching for more info on bird dogs and you really gave some good info.
I am curious about the payment side of things. When an investor pays a bird dog, is it typically a check from the investor prior to close (but after the offer is accepted) or following the closing?