Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Maria D Manriquez
Pro Member
Votes |
Property 1 bought

Maria D Manriquez
Pro Member
Posted

I found an amazing real estate agent/Mentor here in BiggerPockets. From our initial call to today, has been 2weeks. I read the book Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner, did some research, played with the buying calculator and rental, listened to some podcast. A whole month in really vested in doing this and here I am today with one contract signed. I'd say I hope for my best, but I will continue to learn and make sure I make it the best. I plan to be posting in about 60 days when property is rented out. 

A genius learns from others' mistakes. I don't know if that is word for word but its Einstein.

#autismawareness

User Stats

Votes
River Sava
Pro Member
#1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • USA
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • USA
Replied

Hi Maria, congrats on your first property!

Is it a rehab or turnkey?

User Stats

Votes
Maria D Manriquez
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied
Quote from @River Sava:

Hi Maria, congrats on your first property!

Is it a rehab or turnkey?

Yes thank you

Turnkey because it’s a new build 

Hemlane logo
Hemlane
|
Sponsored
The future of property management is here! Automate rent, repairs, and listings & get 70% more free time back in your life!

User Stats

Votes
Manuel Mungaray
  • New to Real Estate
  • Santa Barbara
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Santa Barbara
Replied

Hello Maria! Sounds exciting. Im working to get my first one done, Keep going you Inspiration

User Stats

Votes
Maureen McCann
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied

Maria...Congratulations on closing on your first investment property! Wow, girl...you soaked up the information and took quick action. BRAVO!!  Investment real estate is such a great way to build long-term wealth.  New BTR properties are exceptional and perform very well.  The new builds tend to attract better-quality residents.  They tend to stay longer and take better care of the property. 

I'd love to see your follow-up message in 60 days. 

I have been in investing real estate for the last 16 years both as an investor and as an operator.  I love helping women create wealth in real estate. Keep up the great work! Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Gentile
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Worcester, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Worcester, MA
Replied

Congratulations, Maria!

Very happy for you taking the leap into Real estate investing, it's a venture that some folks never get off the sidelines for. Kudos to you. 

Is this build a multi-family home or a SFH? Excited to see your 60 day update.

Goodluck!

User Stats

Votes
Maria D Manriquez
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied
Quote from @Maria D Manriquez:

I found an amazing real estate agent/Mentor here in BiggerPockets. From our initial call to today, has been 2weeks. I read the book Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner, did some research, played with the buying calculator and rental, listened to some podcast. A whole month in really vested in doing this and here I am today with one contract signed. I'd say I hope for my best, but I will continue to learn and make sure I make it the best. I plan to be posting in about 60 days when property is rented out. 

A genius learns from others' mistakes. I don't know if that is word for word but its Einstein.

#autismawareness

Update: house is on 1.5 months rented. Working, more like searching for house no.2!

User Stats

Votes
Sarita Scherpereel
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied

That's awesome! Thanks for the update. Really great that you're already looking for the second one!