Best Skip Tracing Options?

Best Skip Tracing Options?

Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello All,

First post on here, I am just getting started in the RE industry - specifically foreclosures. As a major part of my work, I need to research properties, and then skip trace the homeowner to make contact. However, I am running into a consistent issue - currently I am using REIPro's built-in skip tracing software, but it seems a decent amount of the numbers this program pulls are disconnected or are not the right person (I.E. I skip trace John Doe, but get connected or sent to VM for Jane Smith - who isn't on the FC docs, and doesn't come up under the "Premium" skip trace from REIPro that brings up spouse, relatives, etc.).

I have made contact with a handful of homeowners, so some of the results are valid & get me to the person I need to connect with - however the borrowers I cannot contact are an issue, as it's a sizeable amount of results I get back that are uncontactable (No skip available, wrong # or out of service).

My question to the BP community is - what program/software/company do you guys use for skip tracing? And is the software i'm using reliable to skip trace, or should I cut it out and find a new one?

I would like to take all of the uncontactable borrowers & re-skip them in another program to see if working contacts come up.

0Reply
232 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Just for the numbers - out of 125 skiptraced contacts, 71 have "Working" numbers (Albeit, some are landlines which are suboptimal to contact homeowners in foreclosure) - and 54 "No Skip Available/No Working Contact" numbers - So ~43% of the properties I skip trace come back with bad/no skips - and I feel like that number is relatively high, correct me if I am wrong.

  • Jp KilduffPro Member
    Wholesaler · Brevard Co. Florida · Member since 2016 · 395 posts · 76 votes
    2y

    There are many options for skip tracing, most just send a query to a single database while others hand-scrub the lists for the results. Simply sending a query can return no results if that database doesn't contain the information you are looking for. By hand-scrubbing, several databases can be used to find the results. Your best bet is to find one that has flexible membership options, without high spend requirements. Please let me know if you have any specific questions on the differences or about skip tracing.

  • Member since 2023 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dylan Harris:

    Hello All,

    First post on here, I am just getting started in the RE industry - specifically foreclosures. As a major part of my work, I need to research properties, and then skip trace the homeowner to make contact. However, I am running into a consistent issue - currently I am using REIPro's built-in skip tracing software, but it seems a decent amount of the numbers this program pulls are disconnected or are not the right person (I.E. I skip trace John Doe, but get connected or sent to VM for Jane Smith - who isn't on the FC docs, and doesn't come up under the "Premium" skip trace from REIPro that brings up spouse, relatives, etc.).

    I have made contact with a handful of homeowners, so some of the results are valid & get me to the person I need to connect with - however the borrowers I cannot contact are an issue, as it's a sizeable amount of results I get back that are uncontactable (No skip available, wrong # or out of service).

    My question to the BP community is - what program/software/company do you guys use for skip tracing? And is the software i'm using reliable to skip trace, or should I cut it out and find a new one?

    I would like to take all of the uncontactable borrowers & re-skip them in another program to see if working contacts come up.


     Traceestate.com has the best accuracy that I have seen (over 95% for me). They also will reskip or not charge for numbers that they do not find. Best that I have used by a long shot.

  • Lender · GA · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Stephen Morales:

    If REIPro isn’t cutting it for your skip tracing, give Prime Tracers a shot—it’s been super reliable for connecting with the right contacts without breaking the bank. They hit 80-90%+ accuracy, which means way fewer wrong numbers and dead ends. Plus, with their pay-as-you-go setup has it to where you don't have to worry about a subscription. It’s a solid option to boost your chances of actually reaching the homeowners you’re targeting. You also get free credits on sign up to try them out.

    thanks!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.