Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Antonio Di Cristo
Votes |
Looking to invest in TN

Posted Jan 6 2024, 11:21

Hi BP community,

My name is Antonio, I am a real estate investor who is now living in Tennessee.

My background:

I am originally from New York, but spent most of my adult life in Tokyo Japan where I invested in real estate and had a consulting business. I sold my real estate and company in Japan and came back to the US in 2019. I am looking to invest in real estate ideally in multi-family and in the state of Tennessee, but I am open to location if the numbers are right.

I am looking to connect with other real estate investors, and agents. I am also looking to educate myself on how the real estate business works in the US.  Please let me know of any groups in Nashville.

Please feel free to contact me on the BP forum, via email, or on LinkedIn. I look forward to getting more involved with this community!

User Stats

Votes
Tim Ryan
  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor
  • Arcadia, CA
Votes |
  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor
  • Arcadia, CA
Replied Jan 6 2024, 15:03

Antonio,  welcome to BP. You are in a good state for investments. Well, as long as it's not too late. Real estate goes in cycles.  I started investing in Chattanooga in 2009 and sold out in 2018. I live in Los Angeles.  I missed the boat on Nashville (although I did very well in Chatt). But, I remember many people telling me to invest in Nashville and I never did.  I'm now in another state. If you want to connect and hear some stories, DM me.

User Stats

Votes
Geoff Regan
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 6 2024, 15:32
Quote from @Tim Ryan:

Antonio,  welcome to BP. You are in a good state for investments. Well, as long as it's not too late. Real estate goes in cycles.  I started investing in Chattanooga in 2009 and sold out in 2018. I live in Los Angeles.  I missed the boat on Nashville (although I did very well in Chatt). But, I remember many people telling me to invest in Nashville and I never did.  I'm now in another state. If you want to connect and hear some stories, DM me.

I would love too.  Do you really think it's too late for Nashville or is it just a tougher market? 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Francisco Garcia Candelario
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 7 2024, 05:14

@Geoff Regan I live in Nashville and have multiple properties. It's just getting harder but you can still find a few jewels. There are also neighboring cities where you can find opportunities as well as Knoxville and Memphis a few hrs away.

User Stats

Votes
Luka Milicevic
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jan 9 2024, 07:45

@Antonio Di Cristo

I'm in the Nashville market. (and surrounding area).

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Check out REINTN.org for local meetings. 

• Real Estate Agent Tennessee (#358883)

Middle TN Home Alliance Logo

User Stats

Votes
Karen Wanamarta
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jan 29 2024, 19:05
Quote from @Antonio Di Cristo:

Hi BP community,

My name is Antonio, I am a real estate investor who is now living in Tennessee.

My background:

I am originally from New York, but spent most of my adult life in Tokyo Japan where I invested in real estate and had a consulting business. I sold my real estate and company in Japan and came back to the US in 2019. I am looking to invest in real estate ideally in multi-family and in the state of Tennessee, but I am open to location if the numbers are right.

I am looking to connect with other real estate investors, and agents. I am also looking to educate myself on how the real estate business works in the US.  Please let me know of any groups in Nashville.

Please feel free to contact me on the BP forum, via email, or on LinkedIn. I look forward to getting more involved with this community!

I think it would be good for you to take some time to figure out what you want to focus on. Is it LTR? MTR? STR? Do you want to flip? House hack? There are a lot of ways to win. I started out with single family LTRs and branched out from there. The best way to learn is by doing. Start looking at properties, multifamily or otherwise and run your numbers on them. Figure out an agent and a lender you want to work with. I have a duplex near Centennial Park that I am currently rehabbing and plan to MTR to travel nurses (close to major hospitals). Good luck! Feel free to reach out. 

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Grace Haire
  • Realtor
  • Brentwood, TN
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Brentwood, TN
Replied Feb 16 2024, 12:24

Hi Antonio!! Sounds like such an exciting time for you! I am a Realtor in the Greater Nashville area, I live a few miles south of the city. I’m familiar with property valuation, flipping, etc and would love to help in any way. Feel free to message me on here, we can get connected!!

User Stats

Votes
Nadeem Alamgir#3 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Nadeem Alamgir#3 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Mar 23 2024, 07:17

Hey Antonio, the mid-market is a pretty hot and affordable. Check out Zillow hottest housing market of 2024: https://www.axios.com/2024/01/10/zillow-ranking-hottest-real…

Cleveland is a great market to focus on for cash flow. It is landlord-friendly, and specific pockets have gone upwards of 2-4x in the last 5-10 years.

Reafco  Logo

User Stats

Votes
James De Stefano
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Apr 4 2024, 11:45

I've visited East TN, and  Wester North Car.  twice in recent years.  So nice by the Smokey Mtns.  Obviously smaller towns there, and I like to take a look at Zillow to get a gauge on the market for a future home. 

A few years ago I read the Smokey Mtns. National Park is the most visited park in all of the US. likely due to the large east coast population, but there's some knock-out views  for 500k  and a decent  2bed 2bath.  

Anyone live in that general area to comment on smaller town vs. the larger 250k population cities? 

User Stats

Votes
Emmanuel Ojo-Powerson II
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ NY PA, MD
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ NY PA, MD
Replied Apr 18 2024, 19:40

Hi Antonio!! Hope you’re doing well. I’m a wholesaler in NY, NJ, PA, MD, and I have some properties in TN as well. Feel free to message me on here, we can get connected!!