Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Gladden
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Ups Mailbox vs Virtual Mailbox

Blaine Gladden
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Jan 21 2021, 17:58

I created my LLC but realized that I should have used a different address. I am stuck between a ups mailbox or virtual mailbox. What are the pros and cons of each? Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Ed O.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Statewide, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Statewide, MO
Replied Jan 21 2021, 19:44

Depends on what you're after. 

Virtual mailrooms offer some neat features, they process your mail, can be set up far, far away, etc. I used mailboxforwarding.com and found them to be very reliable for the 6-8 years I've worked with them. Cost - about $15/month.. goes up per piece of mail after a set amount. 

UPS store boxes are great. They can take delivery for anything and keep it safe from the porch pirates. They also offer other services which you'll probably need at some time - notary, copies, etc. 

USPS (PO Box) Boxes work pretty good too. They won't take fed ex or ups shipments. If you have large packages shipped there, it's often a pain to get them - it involves getting in the long line and waiting for the usually miserable clerks to work through it. Most can be accessed 24 hours. 

Costs are all pretty similar... UPS is the most, virtual in the middle and PO boxes the cheapest. If you go with a PO box, I'd suggest getting a medium to large size one. I got a small one and wish I'd gotten a larger one when signing up. I get a lot more mail and a larger box at this point would mean changing po boxes. 

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Gladden
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jan 22 2021, 05:21

@Ed O. Really helpful response! I appreciate the detail. As long as it isn’t ridiculous, I think I’ll be calling UPS for prices.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.