Ilchester, Somerset · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
Hi guys,
I'm struggling to find information on a scheme similar to 1031 exchange for Canadian investing... Could this be due to something similar not existing? Or am I missing something in my research?
Rental Property Investor · Stoney Creek, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 4 votes
10y
From what I have heard and researched myself there is nothing similar in Canada unfortunately. Maybe someone on BP has any other news (hopefully good) regarding this issue.
Rental Property Investor · Stoney Creek, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 4 votes
10y
From what I have heard and researched myself there is nothing similar in Canada unfortunately. Maybe someone on BP has any other news (hopefully good) regarding this issue.
Canada does nothing for investors except allow the lower DP for owner occupied multi units.
We have a extremely conservative banking system here which is the primary reason we have been so stable in the past. 2008 was a minor blip on the landscape for that reason.