Votes
Gary Freidman
  • Bayonne, NJ
Votes |
Flipfunding.us

Gary Freidman
  • Bayonne, NJ
Posted Jun 26 2015, 15:29

Anyone every use this company? It sounds like a scam or someone that just signs you up for a bunch of business credit cards.

http://www.flipfunding.us/

User Stats

Votes
Rico D williams
  • Florissant, MO
Votes |
  • Florissant, MO
Replied Aug 26 2018, 22:53

Once you have, received one of the cards, and never use it. Do you have to make payments on it.

I have a few credit cards, that I've had for months, activated them, but never used them. And have not received a bill for them.

User Stats

Votes
Flor Santana
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 31 2018, 15:04

I want to thank everyone for their honesty! I was truly considering using WCAP Financial since their info was one of the ads in my BiggerPockets email that I get for their blog posts.  Now I understand its just an ad like any other and I need to do my research before considering it. 

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Flor Santana
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 24 2018, 14:52

Well, I have done some research! These guys look pretty good. They have a great BBB rating, and a ton of positive testimonials. I have gone through my initial telephone conversations with them and are so far impressed by their degree of professionalism and knowledge.

User Stats

Votes
Carlton Johnson
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Oct 29 2018, 05:42

I went to a 3 Day this past weekend in suburban Chicago IL, and found a similar company called Pathway Financial. They have a similar process, but with an added twist. They have two offers. The first is the same $X0,000 in unsecured credit, which is obviously credit cards. But, dependent on your personal credit score and credit utilization, they also offer you business credit for your LLC. This is intriguing for obvious reasons, but, as many have stated on this thread there is no such thing as free. I will have some calls with them this week and update this thread...

User Stats

Votes
Rico D Williams
  • Florissant, MO
Votes |
  • Florissant, MO
Replied Oct 31 2018, 13:16

I would like to know more about how these cards work, @Account Closed, you seem very knowledgeable on the subject. Can you please explain to me what happens with Credit cards that you activate but never use? Do they have any effect on your FICO score?

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Nov 2 2018, 08:42

@Rico D Williams I can't claim to be a credit expert, but happy to share what I know.

Credit is based on: https://www.thebalance.com/factors-affecting-credi...

- Bill Payment On-Time

- Credit Utilization

- Credit History Age

- Mix of Credit

- No. of Inquiries for Credit

Each time you get a new credit card, you are adding an inquiry to your report and decreasing your average credit history age because the new card is only one month old. So, immediately your credit will go down.

However, remember credit changes every month. So if you are getting more credit, you will have a better mix of credit (more cards or types of credit) and your utilization is decreasing overall.

Then, when you use the credit, you are starting to impact your overall utilization. If you use more than 20% of your credit on each card and in aggregate (across all credit) your score will start to go down. Once you go over 35% you score will drop significantly (as much as 30 -50 points) and it only gets worse as you get closer to maxing out the card.

However, once you pay these cards down to a lower dollar amount of utilization, your score will bounce back up, but it will take 1-2 cycles (months) for the credit information to refresh.

Let me know if that makes sense and/or if you have any other specific questions.

User Stats

Votes
Rico D Williams
  • Florissant, MO
Votes |
  • Florissant, MO
Replied Dec 4 2018, 10:53

@Account Closed Thank you David, that thoroughly answered my question. 

User Stats

Votes
Sam Smith
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
  • Huntsville, AL
Replied May 21 2019, 07:22

I actually had a great experience with seed capital, I got the credit I needed. 

User Stats

Votes
Kris Bolzniak
  • Turbotville, PA
Votes |
  • Turbotville, PA
Replied May 23 2019, 08:59

I have been investing for over 13 years and this website has actually been very helpful for me to get credit. The rep I talked to over the phone was knowledgable and helpful. I recommend. 

User Stats

Votes
Samantha Black
  • Damascus, OR
Votes |
  • Damascus, OR
Replied Dec 3 2019, 23:04

@Kris Bolzniak  That's great you had a positive experience. I am currently seeking to improve my credit score so I can get conventional hard money loans again. Had my identity stolen a couple of years ago, hit pretty hard.