• Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
MTR Summit 2024 Lessons Learned

Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Posted Apr 25 2024, 19:43

I just got back from The MTR Summit. This is my second year attending and I highly recommend it for all MTR operators. Here's a few things I learned from the conference. 

1. 1. Be creative in finding tenants by partnering with local, state, or even national businesses. I met investors who partner with the federal government through government contracts and investors who partner with local organizations. The possibilities are endless. 
  2. 2. Great entrepreneurs get comfortable being uncomfortable. I'm honestly scared most days and I learned that so are most other entrepreneurs. What makes us different is that when we're fearful we do it anyways.
  3. 3. You get what you ask for. I learned from an investor friend to make sure everyone knew that I'm looking for passive investors for my next project. I wrote "I am looking to raise private money" on my name tag and now I have several potential passive partners for my next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Deal#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
Votes |
Zachary Deal#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
Replied Apr 29 2024, 14:35

Great insights Jamie, thanks for sharing!

User Stats

Votes
Yiwei Cheng
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Apr 29 2024, 19:49

Awww I was there too but didn't get to meet you!  I'm glad you got so much out of it.  :)

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Heasley Beitenman
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied May 1 2024, 18:48

Is it always in the same location, or do they move it around the country like the BP convention?

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied May 2 2024, 08:02
Quote from @Nicole Heasley Beitenman:

Is it always in the same location, or do they move it around the country like the BP convention?

So far it's been in San Diego (at two different hotels) but I think next year may be in a different city