• Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
Bourbon and Whiskey?

Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Posted Dec 7 2022, 18:00

This is really going to be off topic!  Who in the BP community is a Bourbon and Whiskey drinker, collector or snob.  I have begun to collect and really learn more about the art of Bourbon and have taken a break from reading books about  Real Estate for a few months to reset a little and have dove head first in to the world of bourbon.  The last 2 years I have collected over 80 different bottle and gotten my hands on a good bit of the staples.  Of course the unicorns are crazy expensive and hard to like the Pappys and Birthday Bourbon are still on my wish list.  So let use this thread to relax a bit a talk Juice! 

So what is everyones FAV's?  I'll start with a craft bourbon out of Chicago,  Koval Bourbon (Wheated).  The aroma is amazing and the taste either neat or over ice is smooth and warm with a little bit of hug!

• Real Estate Agent Florida (#SL3346780)

enkore Real Estate & Property Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 23 2023, 06:47
Quote from @Joseph Beilke:

@James Wilcox

My friends and I have an Airbnb in L-Ville so we will be exploring there more.  When did more around Bardstown last year.

I never had any type of surgery in my life.  Today at 1130 I'm having a bicep rupture repaired.  They said I'm going to be put under and have a nerve block.  Honestly, I want this done so I can get back to gym, but I do not like the idea of going under.  UGH.   I had some Blanton's last night to chill

What juice do you think I should come home too? 

Excellent mini-Bar!

I vote for coming back to a Seagram 7 and full sugar 7-up.

A 7/7....on ice with a black straw, and no garnish.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#1 Contractors Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Jun 23 2023, 07:15
Quote from @Scott Mac:

I don't think a Seagrams 7 qualifies as a bourbon or scotch, barely even a whiskey........ :-)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 23 2023, 07:35
Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:
Quote from @Scott Mac:

I don't think a Seagrams 7 qualifies as a bourbon or scotch, barely even a whiskey........ :-)

It's on his bar in the right corner in a 500ml bottle.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 23 2023, 08:14

I've been considering adding a Woodford to my mini-bar, but I don't know which is most popular.

I'm not a real big drinker, but I do have a mini-bar and I like to offer business associates a drink from time to time.

I like to offer doubles (of a full Polish shot 60ml = 2oz), so a 750 ml makes about 6 drinks (costing it out).

Which Woodford do you think would be most popular.

It will set with Makers Mark, Jack Black, Knob Creek, Canadian Club, and VO....

Grey Goose, Tanqueray, Tang 10, Patrone, etc... 

Is Woodford a mixer or a rocks drink usually?

Any input on this anyone?

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Jun 23 2023, 08:35

Woodford Reserve is considered a pretty good Bourbon....definitely a sipper, not a mixer. IMHO...

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY
Votes |
Replied Jun 23 2023, 09:19

@James Wilcox

My friends and I have an Airbnb in L-Ville so we will be exploring there more.  When did more around Bardstown last year.

I never had any type of surgery in my life.  Today at 1130 I'm having a bicep rupture repaired.  They said I'm going to be put under and have a nerve block.  Honestly, I want this done so I can get back to gym, but I do not like the idea of going under.  UGH.   I had some Blanton's last night to chill

What juice do you think I should come home too? 

Got ya. Well hard to say since it seems you are well set with that pic! You got pretty much a lot of it covered. I still think lacking Town Branch distillery out of Lexington would be a nice addition. Jeptha Creed is close to L-ville if you wanted to hop down there for a tour and probably easily found in L-ville as well. Castle and Key was a interesting choice but they definitely to me hit the mark for gin more. If you are into getting any clear liquor their gin I suggest as a good starter to expand that collection.

• Real Estate Agent Kentucky (#288548)

REI James w/ eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Replied Jun 28 2023, 09:26

Well after surgery I ended up drinking; (some one guessed correct)....  7&7. Something about the crispness' was very appealing that night. It was prefect with my Pizza and donut craving.  I guess this is how pregnant women feel with there odd cravings.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Replied Aug 10 2023, 06:17

Please don't  hate on me when I tell you this.  I scored 2 Bottles of Blanton Gold and 2 Bottles of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel in St Maarten.  I got put on to a store on Front street in the town of Philipsburg near the cruise port called Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise. 

I did a little research on the place before I left for my trip and felt pretty good about this place being legit.  I rented a car, made my way there and was shocked at the amount of Blanton's this guy had.  Got to speak with the owner for a bit.  He was super helpful and knowledgeable.  Once I made my purchase his staffed boxed up my goodies.  He asked for my cruise ship name, state room number and last name.  On the night before the end of the cruise it showed up in our state room.  What a top notch experience.  He even said I could call often and have him set aside bottles for up to 2 years if I so desired.  I have standing order for Pappy or Birthday Bourbon with him.  He smiles and said okay, "but that's a long list."  

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Aug 10 2023, 07:41

Please don't  hate on me when I tell you this.  I scored 2 Bottles of Blanton Gold and 2 Bottles of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel in St Maarten.  I got put on to a store on Front street in the town of Philipsburg near the cruise port called Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise. 

I did a little research on the place before I left for my trip and felt pretty good about this place being legit.  I rented a car, made my way there and was shocked at the amount of Blanton's this guy had.  Got to speak with the owner for a bit.  He was super helpful and knowledgeable.  Once I made my purchase his staffed boxed up my goodies.  He asked for my cruise ship name, state room number and last name.  On the night before the end of the cruise it showed up in our state room.  What a top notch experience.  He even said I could call often and have him set aside bottles for up to 2 years if I so desired.  I have standing order for Pappy or Birthday Bourbon with him.  He smiles and said okay, "but that's a long list."  

I'll be right over!!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Replied Oct 2 2023, 17:37

Real estate is slow so time to spend money I don't have on bourbon.  Spent a week in Louisville and Bardstown in mid Sept with a few friends for the Bourbon Festival.  NO not "Bourbon and Beyond" Music Festival. The festival I went to was Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown.  It was the second year going and boy my wife is sure forgiving when it comes to my habit.  It only cost me a ski trip in Jan 2024.  Here are a few flex pictures for you all to enjoy.  My buddy was hell bent on having White Castle, we all regretted it later.

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
Votes |
Replied Oct 2 2023, 18:34

Real estate is slow so time to spend money I don't have on bourbon.  Spent a week in Louisville and Bardstown in mid Sept with a few friends for the Bourbon Festival.  NO not "Bourbon and Beyond" Music Festival. The festival I went to was Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown.  It was the second year going and boy my wife is sure forgiving when it comes to my habit.  It only cost me a ski trip in Jan 2024.  Here are a few flex pictures for you all to enjoy.  My buddy was hell bent on having White Castle, we all regretted it later.

Seems like a great time and that is for sure a lot of liquid gold. Congrats!

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Oct 2 2023, 18:59

Damn, I'm jealous! That can't have been a cheap trip! I'll live vicariously through you for now.....

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Replied Nov 24 2023, 07:40

Been a while since posting in this thread.  Wanted to shout out to @James Wilcox that I made to Jeptha Creed and picked a bottle of Bloody Butcher Corn.  It's really good, thanks for the recommendation.  

So the past few months Bourbon hunting has been slow.  Did score a bottle of Little Book Chapter 7 and went out to Missouri to see Wife's family and visited two smaller Distillers in the town of Herman.  At Cooper Mule scores a super yummy bottle call JD Select.  Small bite on the tip of the tongue and smooth going back.  Highly recommend if you're in the area to check out this small but growing brand.  

Another smaller Distiller in Herman was Fernweh,  had drinks at the bar and picked a bottle up from there too.  Nice visit to Missouri and the town of Herman, they are starting to really grow and produce some good juice!  Wood Hat Spirts is just north about 15-20 mins, off  I-70 and they have been a staple of mine for a few years too.  Wife's grew up with the corn producer for them.  

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
Votes |
Replied Nov 24 2023, 08:08

@Joseph Beilke nice! Glad you like it. So when are you going to pick up a property for STR in central KY so you can visit the BT more? 😁 It is quickly becoming the a great tourist destination.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Replied Feb 1 2024, 12:14

@James Wilcox

STR, You know I just might need to do that. I'm in the beginning stages of planning my annual trip to Central Kentucky in the second week of September.

Anywho,  how is all my Bourbon friends out here in BP land.   Its been a while sense we all caught up.  Let's hear what we all scored for the this pasted holidays.  Did Santa or spouses get you something super special or rare, or found a tasty treat from a local Distiller?  Lets hear what you all got!

I picked up another bottle of Weller 107 and Little Book Chapter 7.  I also got a bottle of Barman, the juice made by Coors.  It's surprisingly good, and I grabbed a bottle of Traveler.  Traveler was behind the counter at the ABC, they only had 6 bottles, figured I would grab it just because.  After reading more about it.  I thing it was to much a gimmick with Chirs Stapleton.  I didn't know this but he's been sober for a good many years. Well, fingers crossed it at least taste okay...

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
Votes |
Replied Feb 1 2024, 13:40

@James Wilcox

STR, You know I just might need to do that. I'm in the beginning stages of planning my annual trip to Central Kentucky in the second week of September.

Anywho,  how is all my Bourbon friends out here in BP land.   Its been a while sense we all caught up.  Let's hear what we all scored for the this pasted holidays.  Did Santa or spouses get you something super special or rare, or found a tasty treat from a local Distiller?  Lets hear what you all got!

I picked up another bottle of Weller 107 and Little Book Chapter 7.  I also got a bottle of Barman, the juice made by Coors.  It's surprisingly good, and I grabbed a bottle of Traveler.  Traveler was behind the counter at the ABC, they only had 6 bottles, figured I would grab it just because.  After reading more about it.  I thing it was to much a gimmick with Chirs Stapleton.  I didn't know this but he's been sober for a good many years. Well, fingers crossed it at least taste okay...

If you are in the Bluegrass you let me know. STR properties here do very well and that is a niche I have deep roots in. Maybe take a look at Whiskey Thief if you want to see a smaller local distiller that is up and coming. Also, shout out to Log Still Distillery as you will start to probably see them around. They are very cool things out there.

Unfortunately, I did not get any brown gold for the holidays. T_T

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Replied Apr 24 2024, 05:46

Good morning Bourbon drinkers.  Home feeling like crap so I figure I would troll the BP Forums and update the Bourbon Tread.  The last few weeks have been good to me.  Between friends, family, Vault invites and a hunting I have score a few hard to find bottles.  

I also came across a liquor store in town that is hoarding some good stuff.  Spoke with owner and made a deal with hime for Thomas Handy, Elmer T Lee, and Pappy 15.  I told him if I close this house on May 24 I'll buy all three if he still has them for a combined price of $1500. He agreed to the terms.  Just wish there was a bourbon contract we could have signed to hold him to the terms. 

Anyway hope the hunting is going well for everyone.  My friends and I have our tickets for the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown in Sept.  Gotta find a sweet AirBnB now.  

Here a picture of my spring haul.

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
Votes |
Replied Apr 24 2024, 09:01

Good morning Bourbon drinkers.  Home feeling like crap so I figure I would troll the BP Forums and update the Bourbon Tread.  The last few weeks have been good to me.  Between friends, family, Vault invites and a hunting I have score a few hard to find bottles.  

I also came across a liquor store in town that is hoarding some good stuff.  Spoke with owner and made a deal with hime for Thomas Handy, Elmer T Lee, and Pappy 15.  I told him if I close this house on May 24 I'll buy all three if he still has them for a combined price of $1500. He agreed to the terms.  Just wish there was a bourbon contract we could have signed to hold him to the terms. 

Anyway hope the hunting is going well for everyone.  My friends and I have our tickets for the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown in Sept.  Gotta find a sweet AirBnB now.  

Here a picture of my spring haul.

What kind of place are you looking for? Also, Just so you know Bardstown as National Bourbon Week no in June. In case, you wanted to really go for a long Bourbon haul.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Replied Apr 24 2024, 10:42

@James Wilcox

I booked a AirBnb this morning in the Crescent Hill Neighborhood of Louisville.  Some unlucky soul will get stuck with a twin bed, while the rest of us sleep like KINGS!!  5 Nights of Bourbon!

User Stats

Votes
Brad Noe
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Apr 25 2024, 06:33

Just discovered this thread....this is awesome! BiggerPockets & Bourbon, I love it!

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Apr 25 2024, 06:48

@Joseph Beilke Go get 'em buddy, hope you feel better! Bourbon always helps me...

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
Votes |
Replied Apr 25 2024, 09:56

@James Wilcox

I booked a AirBnb this morning in the Crescent Hill Neighborhood of Louisville.  Some unlucky soul will get stuck with a twin bed, while the rest of us sleep like KINGS!!  5 Nights of Bourbon!

Cool. Hey, when you want to come get a home away from home or investment property in the Bluegrass state you come talk to me. Let's get you an Airbnb so you can visit more often. Also, if you want some distilleries to put on your list while here LMK.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Replied Jun 4 2024, 17:01

Good evening Bourbon drinkers!!!  Couple pours in this evening, so please don't bash my grammar or typing skills.  So I had a tenant ghost me with one month left on the lease.  I can say she left the place clean other than she violated the lease terms by smoking in it and busted a hole in the air return box.  I caught her smoking about a year ago and she put up an outside smoking area.  Things were cool, she alway paid a few day before the first of each month and she was very nice.  Thursday I get a text that she leaving and the key is under the mat. I go over Friday and smoke smell is bad.  So today ozone treatment and air return box repair, then I found some dry but soft base board behind the refrigerator.   $163.00 later from Lowes and $200 for Ozone treat I hope I can turn this place fast.  I'm out a months rent, any might have to paint.  Another couple hundred buck in paint and my wife's labor.  Plus some landscaping up keep.   I'm beat, rant over!   Time for some pours.  Two ice cold Coors Light, First bourbon is Luck 7, second was Blade and Bow, third will be.......