Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Physician Investors: How Did You Decide to Invest in RE?

Benjamin Aaker
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Posted Apr 14 2024, 12:10

Have you heard the one about how when the physicians are investing in something it's time to get out? As a physician investor, that's always annoyed me. If you are successful, they say it's because of all the money you make in your 'day job' and if you fail, it's because you spent all that time learning about non-financial things.

You can make a lot of money as a physician, so why even bother with investing? I'd like to meet other physician investors and want to know how you overcame that 'truckload of money' mentality and decided to invest in real estate. 

User Stats

Votes
Jason Wray
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Replied Apr 14 2024, 18:57

Benjamin,

I am not sure if you know this or not but there are a few programs out there that offer Physicians 100% financing up to $1-Million dollars. This is of course for a primary home but its a great way to get into the game similar to VA - Military 100%. Buy it transition it or refinance it into a rental and start the process all over again.

One of those loopholes that lets you kind of hack your way into a REI portfolio if you play your cards correct. These programs allow you to buy a 2-4 unit as well but it just has to make sense and thats a fairly easy thing to map out in most cases.

Hope that helps a bit...

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Replied Apr 20 2024, 13:55

Thanks @Jason Wray, that's a nice program to use. I didn't know to take advantage of it when I bought my house. I do recommend house hacking to those just starting off real estate investing. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes