Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Serena Cheung
Votes |
Has anyone used BNBCalc?

Serena Cheung
Posted Mar 27 2024, 21:48

Hi, I am looking for STR rental analysis. Recently, I came across BNBCalc. Anyone has used it and can comment on the accuracy of the tool?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied Mar 28 2024, 05:26

There are sine good STR analysis spreadsheets that have been posted on here previously that you can search for and download.

One of these is all you need to run the numbers.

You'll need to find occupancy and nightly rates to plug in. You can easily check the competition and get that info.

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied Mar 28 2024, 06:39

BNBCalc is becoming quite well known and used along with Airdna. I've only briefly used BNBCalc, but I've heard long-term STR operators that have underwritten thousands of properties, say they would only use BNBCalc along with Airdna.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Serena Cheung
Votes |
Replied Mar 28 2024, 09:11

Thank you both!!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Replied Mar 28 2024, 09:22

Hehe, I just tested in on our lake house. Pretty funny actually.

The overall revenue wasn't far off, but it had our best month as February. Seeing as it is usually about 20 degrees and the lake is frozen I kinda think that is off. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Steffens
Pro Member
#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Mar 29 2024, 07:30

I talked to the owner, he is a Tampa local.  I believe I remember him telling me that the data is pulled from AirDNA

User Stats

Votes
Martin Koch
  • San Diego
Votes |
  • San Diego
Replied Mar 29 2024, 10:12
Quote from @Andrew Steffens:

I talked to the owner, he is a Tampa local.  I believe I remember him telling me that the data is pulled from AirDNA

This is correct, they pull data from Airdna

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 29 2024, 12:27

when I punched in my address, it estimated 47% occupancy, which is WAAAAAY low.  But then, my actual cabin was listed as a comp with 79% occupancy, which is very accurate, albeit the nightly rate was about 15% too high.

Like most of these services, they don't do a good job distinguishing between owner stays and guest stays, my property included

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 10 2024, 18:40

Hi Serena. I'm Parker, founder of BNBCalc. We use data from Airdna as well as Airbtics, MLS data for tax savings and property info, and also long term rental comps data.

If you try BNBCalc.com you may notice there’s percentiles. We use company’s data to estimate revenue percentiles, but I still recommend looking at our comps table to Benchmark similar properties and their revenue. 

Some benefits we offer that others don't is monthly pricing, tax savings, customizable expenses, and long term rental comps. We built BNB Calc because our team is STR investors ourselves, and the tools out there lacked these other features needed for thorough due diligence.