Pro Member
  • Attorney
Votes |
Looking for helping building my Carrot website

Patrick Lawless
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Posted Apr 26 2024, 00:08

I am looking for someone to help me build out my carrot website.  I am comfortable creating the information that will go on the website, but I am looking for someone to assist with the design and SEO features.  Do you know of a company or a person that help with this service?  I am simultaneously reaching out to Carrot, but thought I would check to determine that I am capturing all of my options. Thanks. 

Looking for

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 26 2024, 02:19

www.fiverr.com/

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 26 2024, 07:50

Carrot has some options on its marketplace page.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Lawless
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Replied Apr 26 2024, 08:21
Quote from @Beth Bannor:

i have been unimpressed with Carrots customer service to date. A bunch of half baked canned answers. Disappointed with Carrot.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 26 2024, 18:49
Quote from @Patrick Lawless:
Quote from @Beth Bannor:

i have been unimpressed with Carrots customer service to date. A bunch of half baked canned answers. Disappointed with Carrot.

@Patrick Lawless, I'm sorry your experience hasn't been better. That's always disappointing to hear.

Another place for freelancers is Upwork. 

Are you designing your site yourself? It looks really good. 

I duplicated your homepage and added TEST at the end of the page name. I wanted to try a couple of things and didn't want to ruin what you already have. The new page is in draft mode, so it won't be indexed. 

1- I hid the Sidebar so your page could be full-width here: Dashboard > Edit Page > Layout Settings > Hidden Areas > Sidebar [screenshot below]

2- I took the image you were having trouble lining up with the other images. I think I got it lined up now.

Please have a look when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

Thanks for your help with this.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Lawless
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Replied Apr 27 2024, 03:35
Quote from @Beth Bannor:
Quote from @Beth Bannor:

@Patrick Lawless, I'm sorry your experience hasn't been better. That's always disappointing to hear.

I duplicated your homepage and added TEST at the end of the page name. I wanted to try a couple of things and didn't want to ruin what you already have. The new page is in draft mode, so it won't be indexed. 

1- I hid the Sidebar so your page could be full-width here: Dashboard > Edit Page > Layout Settings > Hidden Areas > Sidebar [screenshot below]

2- I took the image you were having trouble lining up with the other images. I think I got it lined up now.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Lawless
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Replied Apr 27 2024, 03:38
Quote from @Beth Bannor:
Quote from @Beth Bannor:

Beth, thank you for your response.  Best response I received to date.  Hopefully,  Carrot will assist with my relatively straight forward requests.  I will be opening my computer shortly and will review your response closer.  Again,  much appreciated.  Patrick

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Lawless
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Replied Apr 27 2024, 03:39
Quote from @Beth Bannor:
Quote from @Beth Bannor:

Beth, thank you for your response. Best response I received to date. Hopefully, Carrot will assist with my relatively straight forward requests. I will be opening my computer shortly and will review your response closer. Again, much appreciated. Patrick

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Lawless
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Replied Apr 27 2024, 06:46
Quote from @Beth Bannor:
Quote from @Beth Bannor:

@Beth Bannor, I do not have an "Edit Page" option when I click on my Dashboard as you mentioned below.

Dashboard > Edit Page > Layout Settings > Hidden Areas > Sidebar [screenshot below]

Again, thanks for your help, but I am not seeing what you are saying I should see.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 27 2024, 08:25

@Patrick Lawless, I got the exact words wrong. I'm sorry about that.

It should be: Dashboard > Content > Pages > [hover over the page you want to edit] > Edit

You can also go to the page you are on that you want to edit and click the Edit link in the orange bar at the top of the page when you are logged into your Carrot account:

Both of these ways to edit the page will get you to the Layout Settings > Hidden Areas section in the right-hand sidebar.

If you don't see the right-hand sidebar, look in the top right of the screen for this icon and click it:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if any of my directions are lacking.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Lawless
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
Replied Apr 27 2024, 08:27
Quote from @Beth Bannor:

@Patrick Lawless, I got the exact words wrong. I'm sorry about that.

It should be: Dashboard > Content > Pages > [hover over the page you want to edit] > Edit

You can also go to the page you are on that you want to edit and click the Edit link in the orange bar at the top of the page when you are logged into your Carrot account:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if any of my directions are lacking.

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 27 2024, 08:30

@Patrick Lawless, I updated my last message in case you don't see the right-hand sidebar.