• San Bernardino, CA
Votes |
Casting a net here for multifamily properties and local investors

Ryan Lopez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Posted Apr 22 2024, 16:45

I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.

Offering
Cincinnati, Ohio

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 22 2024, 17:08

Hi Ryan, Would you be interested in either the Akron or Canton areas in Ohio. I have two properties that are hot hot hot!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Lopez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Replied Apr 22 2024, 17:19

I have certain criteria that I use when I am looking at an area and one of my criteria is population growth. From what I can tell, both Akron and Canton are experiencing population decline. I don't think those areas are what I'm looking for. Probably best to stick to the major cities in these areas. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 22 2024, 17:26

Thanks for your quick reply. Wish you all the best! 

Jennifer

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Lopez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Bernardino, CA
Replied Apr 22 2024, 17:33

Thank you Jennifer!

User Stats

Votes
Regina Blake
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Apr 23 2024, 05:18

Hi, I am here to inform you that I am an Ohio Realtor. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks!

Regina Blake-Ohio Realtor

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 23 2024, 06:38
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

I am an investor looking for a deal or two in the area. I am from California and I am looking to get into the local market. I'm considering Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Louisville and Indianapolis. Looking for location advice and local connections.

I am happy you are looking at Ohio!

• Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Evan Hopple
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Replied Apr 23 2024, 06:50

@Ryan Lopez

It's a good time to get in on Columbus! That's where I personally invest

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Goldsmith
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 23 2024, 08:03

All of those are pretty similar markets but might vary slightly on price. There are a good amount of developments going to Columbus and Cincinnati though. @Ryan Lopez

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Diouf
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 23 2024, 08:35

Columbus and Cincinnati are both seeing great population growth and the cities are expanding at rapid rates. With so many large companies coming in and dumping billions of dollars into the markets, these areas are expected to see continuous appreciation for a while. I would look at the deals in areas where the numbers break even or cash-flow.

User Stats

Votes
Sam McCormack
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Apr 23 2024, 09:44
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

Just shot you a message Ryan, I am a realtor/investor in the Greater Cincinnati area

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY
Votes |
  • Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY
Replied Apr 23 2024, 09:54
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

@Ryan Lopez I can help you with anything Lex?

• Real Estate Agent Kentucky (#288548)

REI James w/ eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Janus
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Replied Apr 23 2024, 14:16
Quote from @Jennifer Rudd Smith:

Hi Ryan, Would you be interested in either the Akron or Canton areas in Ohio. I have two properties that are hot hot hot!

I would go a bit farther north and focus on Cleveland. it has a large rental population with strong cash flow in the 1-4 unit space. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Alfath Ahmed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 23 2024, 14:18
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

Hey Ryan, I think you should look into the Columbus market. There has been a ton of growth here over the last 3-5 years. The market is booming in both the business and real estate sectors. New companies like Intel, Amazon, and Google are also investing here.

I own all of my investment properties here and work with a lot of out-of-state investors in both the east and west coast that love investing here for the turnkey and BRRRR opportunities that we have here. I made some resources for my out-of-state investors like a neighborhood graded map and contractor rolodex that I can share with you!

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 24 2024, 10:37
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

Hey Ryan, I like Columbus Ohio because I see it being one of the biggest metropolitan cities in the next 10-20 years, all signs are pointing here! Population is growing aggressively and jobs are moving here especially with major employers like Intel, Google, Amazon, Nationwide, etc. On top of that, you have one of the biggest and best universities in the world here with Ohio State University. The cost of living is extremely low compared to other cities and you can still many many positive cash flowing and 1% deals here. On top of that, you get great appreciation and very landlord friendly laws. Tons of investors are buying Columbus up! As an investor and agent here, let me know if you have any questions or want to connect

User Stats

Votes
Charlie Gonzalez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Apr 24 2024, 15:59

Hi Ryan, do you have any properties under your belt already?

User Stats

Votes
Staci Rogers
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Replied Apr 25 2024, 11:48

Hi Ryan,

I am happy to connect and share some good contacts in the Indianapolis market with you.

Staci

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#4 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Apr 25 2024, 12:16
Quote from @Ryan Lopez:

why not Cleveland, much better overall numbers over the last 10 years then where you are mentioning. Thats why we have been working there for many years, 

All the best 

Oh you are cash correct ?  

User Stats

Votes
William Coet
  • Lititz, PA
Votes |
  • Lititz, PA
Replied Apr 25 2024, 22:31
Please explain how all of these realtors who are also investors are going to bring you a good property?  They will scoop them up first....

User Stats

Votes
Gloria N Gear
  • Realtor
  • Indianapolis IN
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Indianapolis IN
Replied Apr 26 2024, 05:38

Hi Ryan, I would love to help you in the Indianapolis market. I have been an OOS investor realtor for almost 8 years and am investor myself. (To answer another post on this thread, I think being an investor helps me with my clients because I know the areas that work best for the different strategies. My husband only lets me do a few of my own at a time, so I see all of these other deals that I can't do and I try make sure my investors get them. Also, I may be looking for a SFR mid-term rental for my portfolio and my investors are looking for duplexes or big Flips) Also, if you are going to do DSCR loans, partner with Staci Rogers on this thread (she has a loan clear to close for me right now before I even got the inspection process finished)

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Arth
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland / Akron, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland / Akron, OH
Replied Apr 26 2024, 07:11
Quote from @William Coet:
Please explain how all of these realtors who are also investors are going to bring you a good property?  They will scoop them up first....

Possibly, but capital and bandwith can also be constraints.

User Stats

Votes
Jack Smith
Pro Member
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Massillon, OH
Replied May 6 2024, 11:37
Quote from @Jennifer Rudd Smith:

Send them my way.  If I don't take them there are others around here that may.