Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Tony Johnson
Votes |
looking for a CPA for personal and rental taxes. Tax Planning advice also.

Tony Johnson
Posted Feb 13 2024, 10:29

In WA state, looking for a CPA to assist with personal taxes w/ 16 unit rental. We did a segregation study in 2021 and would like to make sure all deductions were properly made by past CPA. i'd also like some advice on tax planning. thanks

User Stats

Votes
Nate Meeker
Tax & Financial Services
  • Real Estate CPA | California
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Real Estate CPA | California
Replied Feb 13 2024, 20:06

@Tony Johnson  Are you looking to invest in more real estate? Here are a few tips...The location of your CPA isn't as crucial as their experience with real estate. Many CPAs on this forum have clients and properties across the U.S. Just an FYI, since you are interested in tax planning, make sure you are willing to invest in a quality CPA, even if the initial cost comes at a surprise to you, great tax planning should save you more money in the long run! That's what I always tell my clients. If I were you, I would reach out to a few CPAs, get some quotes, and pick the one that best aligns with your goals!

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
#4 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
#4 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Feb 14 2024, 07:38

Hey @Tony Johnson

We do ammendments for FREE, and only charge you if we can save you money. 

To help in your search if you decide not to go with us:

be sure to find an accountant who is willing to grow with you, and is not too high priced fee-wise. Not too low either, you don't want to go with someone who is just focused on price as this is a quality of a not-so-great accountant. Accountants are in such demand, that the best are not even accepting clients half the time.

The other problem I see often with accountants on here is that they specialize in larger investors, and have really high prices when you as a smaller investor do not need all the bells and whistles.

Another thing I see is folks thinking they need to have a tax professional in their state. We as a firm have investors working with us who have rental properties all over the US big and small.

Finding a real estate-focused tax professional and one who can help with advisory and grow with you would be my suggestion to focus your efforts on finding. Best of luck in your search!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes