• Real Estate Investor
  • Prince Geroge's County, MD
Votes |
Lead Generator Websites

Derek T.
  • Real Estate Investor
Posted Jul 11 2013, 18:43

Has anyone ever heard of nopsites.com to help with their lead generator website? I was just looking into different options and came across this service. What are some of you using?

User Stats

Votes
Rhonda E.
  • Realtor
  • Celebration, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Celebration, FL
Replied Jul 11 2013, 18:52

I just starting using investorpro.com. Still too new to give a good review.

Nopsites seems like they offer a great service with minimal costs. I am interested in seeing if anyone has any reviews for nopsites too.

User Stats

Votes
Rhonda E.
  • Realtor
  • Celebration, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Celebration, FL
Replied Jul 11 2013, 18:57

I just noticed one thing about the nopsites. Based on the templates on their site it does not look like their is a page to list your homes for sell.

If this is correct, then you will need to evaluate whether you want a site that will also include your properties for sale.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Jul 11 2013, 18:59

If I were going to use a lead generating website I would use a brand.

Check out http://www.webuyhouses.com even something like http://www.1800sellnow.com

User Stats

Votes
Ned Carey
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
ModeratorReplied Jul 11 2013, 19:02

I am not a big believer in prepackaged websites. They look prepackaged and generic.

I use
Go daddy to buy my domains -no reason other than I know who they are
Blue Host, hosting service, -no good reason other than that was who I started with. My site is slow to load and have heard that is becuase of BlueHost.
I built my own sites with Wordpress - FREE, Easy to use, lots of flexibility and add-ons available, a standard platform, lots of free templates available

Doing it yourself will be about 1/4 to 1/2 as much. Keep in mind a site without the work or expense to get the traffic won't do much good.

You can check out my site in the signature below.

Good luck - Ned

User Stats

Votes
Derek T.
  • Real Estate Investor
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
Replied Jul 11 2013, 19:24

Thanks Ned, I am looking into creating my website at this point and looked into WordPress as well as Wix. Both are good options in my opinion but this would be for my business website and would be separate from the we buy houses now site. I have seen some people use Wix and WordPress for their we buy site as well.

Lol, and I have been a spectator on your site for a while and I am on your buyer's list although Baltimore isn't my market.

User Stats

Votes
Ned Carey
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
ModeratorReplied Jul 11 2013, 20:51

I don't know what Wix is but I can do anything I need to with wordpress.

User Stats

Votes
Derek T.
  • Real Estate Investor
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
Replied Jul 11 2013, 21:03

http://www.wix.com

When I was doing some research for website builders this was ranked as the #1 resource but I think it has some limitations for investors that may be using it as a we buy website. However they are rated well and would seem to fit the needs for a standard website.

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Pearce
  • Windsor, Ontario
Votes |
  • Windsor, Ontario
Replied Jul 11 2013, 21:43

Hi Guys:

When it comes to building websites, I'd agree with Ned that Wordpress is a great option. From simple to complex, Wordpress does it all. I believe Wix is Flash based and that is not so great when it comes to getting ranked in search engines (maybe that's changed?).

As for lead generation, I'll definitely try out the suggestions above.

Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
C. Raine Williams
  • Wholesaler
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jul 18 2013, 14:35

I recently tried NOPsites, found website after doing research and comparing cost, and after finally signing up, I noticed their templates were too basic and didn't give option to include seller uploads and questionnaire.

There customer service response is lackluster, they give an option to submit a ticket but it doesn't go through, leaving you to email support multiple times. Signed up on7/16, sent 3 request so far to cancel...we'll see what happens.

In short, if a site doesn't have an actual number to call and speak to a rep, be leary.