• McHenry, IL
Votes |
Wholesalers McHenry County

Kevin McCauley
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • McHenry, IL
Posted Mar 21 2024, 22:23

Joining the exciting journey of house flipping, I find myself both newish to this world and incredibly eager to dive in. I've got the cash ready and am keen to get started. I've been trying to connect with local wholesalers to get on their distribution lists, so I'm right at the heart of the action.

I'm based in McHenry, IL, and I'm on the lookout for tips on finding like-minded people in the area. Or, if you're a wholesaler in search of more buyers, let's chat!

Thanks in advance for any pointers or connections you can share.

User Stats

Votes
Martin Vehlow
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Wauconda, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Wauconda, IL
Replied Mar 22 2024, 09:12

Hey @Kevin McCauley, welcome to BP! 

There's a ton of great info here, you're in the right place!

Regarding wholesaling, Illinois changed the law about 4 years ago which requires wholesalers, for the most part, to have an agent license. @Bob Floss II has a great video about this on his youtube channel, not sure if I can link it here but if you type in "illinois wholesaling floss" it will come right up.

I hope this is helpful!

User Stats

Votes
Mark Faustrum
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Elgin, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Elgin, IL
Replied Mar 25 2024, 09:09

Hi @Kevin McCauley reach out to @Christle Stezskal as she runs an investor meet up in McHenry Co which might be beneficial to you, I am a part of that group as well.

Mark 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Christle Stezskal
  • Algonquin, IL
Votes |
  • Algonquin, IL
Replied Mar 25 2024, 09:33

Thanks @Mark Faustrum for the tag! @Kevin McCauley, we'd love to have you come to our meet-up! The easiest way right now to get the invite each month is to go on Facebook and search the group "Kane and McHenry County Real Estate Investor Meet-Up". Once I get your request, I can add you to the group and you'll be invited to any of the events. We tend to do them the last Tuesday or Thursday of the month. 

User Stats

Votes
Dom Dom
  • Wholesaler
  • Lake County IL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Lake County IL
Replied May 11 2024, 04:04

I'm new to the game and wanting to connect with people in my area. I'm in Lake county. IL. not far from McHenry Any new meet ups in the area?