• Investor
  • Bellefonte, PA
Votes |
Are Realtors required to present offer?

Michael Shadow
  • Investor
  • Bellefonte, PA
Posted Sep 19 2008, 11:14

Is there a Realtor "law" that requires a listing agent to submit any offer to the seller? If there is could you tell me exactly where it is in the Realtor "rules"?

I'm asking the question because I submitted an offer and the listing agent laughed at it and said I will not present any offer that is under $X. The agent told my agent "bring me back an offer that is over that amount and I will submit it."

So now I'm really getting ticked at agents that won't submit offers because "they" think it's too low and won't let the property owner decide if it's to low or not.

Thanks,

-Michael

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Schlichter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Circleville, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Circleville, OH
Replied Apr 26 2024, 13:25
Quote from @Steve Dussault:
Quote from @Brandon Schlichter:

Call your state's department of RE.

I think most states require that a agent present all and any offers ,regardless of how small they are.

In the past, I had someone threaten to report me to the DRE unless I provided them undenyable proof that I submitted the offer to the seller, so I forwarded them an email from the bank's AM telling me the offer was a joke....was enough proof.

Why bother with the RE licensing board?  Just find an agent that's on board with your buying style.  It'll work better for both of you.

Would you say that process has changed in 15 years? Seeing as that's how old my foreign post was that you quoted.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Dussault
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Apr 26 2024, 13:28

Holy cow - just noticed that.  I wonder why that post showed up for me?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes