Votes
Andrew Emery
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
22 year old thinking about wholesaling lease options

Andrew Emery
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Jul 3 2013, 21:14

So this is my story: I just graduated from college and have been extremely interested in REI for about 2 years now. My original plan was to purchase a house using an FHA mortgage and then rent it out while I lived there. However, I got a pretty awesome job offer in Chicago that I really can't refuse so unfortunately I will be paying rent in an apartment. My desire to invest in real estate is as strong as ever but I don't think it would be responsible to do a traditional buy and hold from out of state as my first investment project (and I don't have the down payment that would be required).
Recently I came across the concept of wholesaling lease options and am extremely intrigued both because I feel that it would be an awesome way to enter the game with little to no risk or money out of pocket and it seems like it can be done in any market/economy/state regardless of where I live.

I ask, what do you guys think about wholesaling LO as my first RE venture from Chicago? Thoughts on Adam King's program or others? Would I have problems with my credibility when talking with sellers/investors/buyers/agents as a young and inexperienced investor? Am I way off in my logic?

This forum has been such an awesome source of RE knowledge for me and any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Loading replies...