Skip to content
Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Todhunter
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Washington State
Votes |
Has anyone found a replacement for Mint?

Tyler Todhunter
  • Washington State
Posted Mar 29 2024, 18:34

I was using Mint to track my personal finances, including real estate transactions and net worth, and found it really useful.  They shut it down and merged it over to Credit Karma, and it sucks.  I am trying to get things set up in 'wealthposition', and I don't think it's going to do what Mint did.  I found Mint valuable, so I'm not opposed to paying for a good platform.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Josh St Laurent
Tax & Financial Services
  • Financial Advisor
  • South Lake Tahoe, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Financial Advisor
  • South Lake Tahoe, CA
Replied Mar 30 2024, 20:38

Hey @Tyler Todhunter,

I too was an avid Mint user and because of the nature of my business needed to find a Mint replacement for not only myself but for clients.  My team and I have been testing a few options since January and the favorite by far has been Monarch Money.  We've been referring clients to use them, the prices are reasonable and the UX is intuitive.  If your advisor uses Monarch Money you can grant them temporary visibility and organizing privileges which can be helpful as well.  It feels like Quickbooks to me and is easy to use, categorize, and see trends over time.  Hope this helps.

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Todhunter
  • Washington State
Votes |
  • Washington State
Replied Apr 1 2024, 16:45

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 13 2024, 23:09

Quicken Simplifi feels a lot like mint. The only thing I don't like is that it isn't free.

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Todhunter
  • Washington State
Votes |
  • Washington State
Replied Apr 23 2024, 10:14

I've made the switch to Monarch. I haven't dived too deep into it yet, but it seems like it may do the trick. One thing I haven't figured out yet is that it shows HELOC available credit as a balance (which you can set to be either positive or negative, either way is incorrect though). But, maybe that is just the way this particular lender integrates data...

User Stats

Votes
Josh St Laurent
Tax & Financial Services
  • Financial Advisor
  • South Lake Tahoe, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Financial Advisor
  • South Lake Tahoe, CA
Replied Apr 25 2024, 17:27
Quote from @Tyler Todhunter:

I've made the switch to Monarch. I haven't dived too deep into it yet, but it seems like it may do the trick. One thing I haven't figured out yet is that it shows HELOC available credit as a balance (which you can set to be either positive or negative, either way is incorrect though). But, maybe that is just the way this particular lender integrates data...

I'm glad you're liking it so far, I've run into the same thing with clients where the HELOC sort of throws things off. Sometimes what we do is go to edit (In the accounts section with the HELOC selected) and under visibility hide it from net worth calculations. You can even hide it in the list entirely if it's not serving you for the purposes you use Monarch Money for. Hope this helps

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Todhunter
  • Washington State
Votes |
  • Washington State
Replied Apr 26 2024, 07:53

Good call Josh, thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Jake Drum
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Apr 26 2024, 12:56

I have helped some clients set up Tiller to track their real estate and personal finances. Tiller uses bank feeds to pull all of your bank and credit card transactions into Google sheets or Excel. It is not as easy and intuitive as Mint and Monarch, but I think the ability to customize it however you want is worth the trade-off (if you like spreadsheets 🤓).

User Stats

Votes
Carini Rochester
  • Investor
  • Rochester, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Rochester, NY
Replied Apr 26 2024, 13:22

I use Empower (previously Personal Capital.) It pulls in all my mortgages and bank accounts and credit cards, retirement funds.