• New to Real Estate
  • Marysville, WA
Votes |
Success through Facebook

Jason Anderson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Marysville, WA
Posted Feb 14 2024, 18:12

Hello BP. I am new to real estate investing . Recently, my Facebook feed has been blowing up with real estate deals.  Have you had success purchasing properties  through Facebook groups? Groups like distressed properties or seller financing?   How do you vet them? Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Feb 14 2024, 20:18

@Jason Anderson

99.99% are over priced or scams where they don't even own property and many are just wholesaling properties ifrom the MLS.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Anderson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Marysville, WA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Marysville, WA
Replied Feb 15 2024, 06:50
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Jason Anderson

99.99% are over priced or scams where they don't even own property and many are just wholesaling properties ifrom the MLS.

Thanks for the response. It all seemed kind of sketchy.
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jason Anderson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Marysville, WA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Marysville, WA
Replied Feb 15 2024, 06:52
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Jason Anderson

@Chris Seveney: Is absolutely correct. My phone blows up all day long with "deals" that are not "deals" at all.

There are two ways to find deals
1. Be the best friend with someone who finds deals and have plenty of cash ready
2. Find your own deals
Thanks for the response . As the saying goes if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. Thank you again.

User Stats

Votes
Nadeem Alamgir
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Feb 19 2024, 17:35

Hey Jason, the best way to find these distressed properties (off-market deals), you have to either do it yourself, which is a full-time job calling and building relationships with these cold sellers, or find investor-friendly agents/wholesalers sourcing these deals for you.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Anderson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Marysville, WA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Marysville, WA
Replied Feb 19 2024, 20:01
Quote from @Nadeem Alamgir:

Hey Jason, the best way to find these distressed properties (off-market deals), you have to either do it yourself, which is a full-time job calling and building relationships with these cold sellers, or find investor-friendly agents/wholesalers sourcing these deals for you.

Thanks Nadeem. I will reach out to you shortly. I’m looking forward to creating relationships.