Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Noah Bacon
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Community Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
BiggerPockets Pro Partner Update - Stessa!

Noah Bacon
Pro Member
  • Colorado Springs, CO
ModeratorPosted Sep 7 2023, 05:14

Our Pro membership just got better!

We are excited to announce a new Pro Partner - Stessa - who helps investors manage and optimize their portfolios. Stessa brings accounting, tenant screening, financial reporting and more into a single integrated platform built for investors, by investors.

BiggerPockets Pro members will have access to all Stessa core functionality and advanced features, like unlimited portfolios and SREO, all at no additional cost.

Learn More HERE 👈

If you are not a Pro Member - upgrade today to take advantage of these benefits. Stessa is the perfect partner to help you start, scale and manage your portfolio. Take advantage today!

User Stats

Votes
Travis Mire
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 5 2024, 19:01
Quote from @Noah Laker:

Stessa is really an awesome system. Everything you need for asset management on small or medium portfolios without much frill. I recommend Stessa to all my retail clients. 

I just started with stessa on my first real estate transaction. I used a private lendor to fund the re-hab (cash) and owner financed the purchase price (minus down payment)

I have a bank account linked to Stessa and I see the cash deposit in the transaction tab. What category would you recommend recording the cash deposited in?  and also, should I be recording the owner finance loan in any other place besides the properties tab? 

User Stats

Votes
Noah Laker
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Feb 6 2024, 06:09
Quote from @Travis Mire:
Quote from @Noah Laker:

Stessa is really an awesome system. Everything you need for asset management on small or medium portfolios without much frill. I recommend Stessa to all my retail clients. 

I just started with stessa on my first real estate transaction. I used a private lendor to fund the re-hab (cash) and owner financed the purchase price (minus down payment)

I have a bank account linked to Stessa and I see the cash deposit in the transaction tab. What category would you recommend recording the cash deposited in?  and also, should I be recording the owner finance loan in any other place besides the properties tab? 

Hey Travis, I’m not a CPA and I can’t give tax advice. With that being said, what you described sounds like Owner Contribution (initial reserves / deposits by the investor). 
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 18 2024, 06:58

Hi, @Noah Bacon!

I'm already a Pro Stessa member and am slightly confused after reading through all of the comments here what exactly would be included on Stessa if I go Pro with BP. Are ALL Stessa Pro features included if I am BP Pro member? ZERO difference?

We've been utilizing Stessa Pro for over two years and I don't want to lose any of our previous data. Stessa is getting ready to move from $20 per month to $35 per month unless you pay annually. If you pay annually cost will be $16 per month. I was getting ready to do this but if I can get ALL of the same features, not lose any previous data, AND get my BP Pro membership all for the $32.50 per month, I'm willing to do that.

Who could I speak with to help me get the information that I need because I need to make a decision in the next two weeks before my annual payment to Stessa will be due.

User Stats

Votes
Bernard B.
  • Investor
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Huntsville, AL
Replied Feb 18 2024, 16:33

I thought the regular "free" Stessa account was ok. I used it to track several properties. One thing to be aware of, and I hope that this never happens to any of you guys, is my connected bank link somehow failed or became disconnected? I tried the "fix it" option on the Stessa site, and it constantly gave me the error that there was a problem with my bank? My bank said no problems on their end, and I was never able to reconnect my bank for downloading transactions. I eventually just closed my Stessa account and called it a day. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

User Stats

Votes
Noah Bacon
Pro Member
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Colorado Springs, CO
ModeratorReplied Feb 20 2024, 07:11
Quote from @Yvette Fragile:

Hi, @Noah Bacon!

I'm already a Pro Stessa member and am slightly confused after reading through all of the comments here what exactly would be included on Stessa if I go Pro with BP. Are ALL Stessa Pro features included if I am BP Pro member? ZERO difference?

We've been utilizing Stessa Pro for over two years and I don't want to lose any of our previous data. Stessa is getting ready to move from $20 per month to $35 per month unless you pay annually. If you pay annually cost will be $16 per month. I was getting ready to do this but if I can get ALL of the same features, not lose any previous data, AND get my BP Pro membership all for the $32.50 per month, I'm willing to do that.

Who could I speak with to help me get the information that I need because I need to make a decision in the next two weeks before my annual payment to Stessa will be due.

Hi Yvette!

BiggerPockets Pro members get access to all Stessa core (free tier) functionality – plus unlock exclusive access to advanced features, like unlimited portfolios and Schedule of Real Estate Owned (SREO), all at no additional cost.

If you use the same email address on your BiggerPockets account, you should not lose any data but there is more included in your current Stessa Pro account than switching over to BiggerPockets Pro. 

User Stats

Votes
      Replied Apr 4 2024, 11:22

@Noah Bacon

I am already a Stessa Pro member, but I would also like to be a BigPocket Pro. Should I cancel my stessa pro and join BigPocket Pro instead? Any disadvantage?

User Stats

Votes
      Noah Bacon
      Pro Member
      • Colorado Springs, CO
      Votes |
      Pro Member
      • Colorado Springs, CO
      ModeratorReplied Apr 4 2024, 13:46

@Greg Soon BiggerPockets Pro members get access to all Stessa core (free tier) functionality – plus unlock exclusive access to advanced features, like unlimited portfolios and Schedule of Real Estate Owned (SREO), all at no additional cost. If you cancel your Stessa Pro account you will not have access to all of the Pro features with your BiggerPockets account. 

Are there any features with the BiggerPockets Pro account that you have any questions about?

User Stats

Votes
      Replied May 4 2024, 21:23

This was pretty confusing regarding "Core" Stessa features, BP should probably refer to it as "Essentials" package (free tier). I signed up for Bigger Pockets Pro hoping i'll be getting Stessa Pro which sounded like a fantastic deal to get both but I only get Essentials which doesn't meet my needs. So fyi folks, you get Stessa Essentials with BP Pro.

User Stats

Votes
      Greg Todrank
      Pro Member
      • Rental Property Investor
      • Bloomfield, MI
      Votes |
      Pro Member
      • Bloomfield, MI
      Replied May 11 2024, 08:46

Has anyone had any issues accessing Stessa website from Win 11?  I just bought a new laptop for my bookkeeping and all I get is a spinning icon after login.  Stessa support has so far been unhelpful.

User Stats

Votes
      Replied May 11 2024, 09:02
      Quote from @Noah Laker:

Hi Noah,

I have also been really happy with Stessa. What do you use for managing properties? I am wanting to manage maintenance requests but feel I am going to end up doing double entry between two systems.

Thanks
      Brian

User Stats

Votes
      Noah Laker
      • Real Estate Broker
      • Sacramento, CA
      Votes |
      • Real Estate Broker
      • Sacramento, CA
      Replied May 11 2024, 09:08
      Quote from @Brian M.:
      Quote from @Noah Laker:

Hi Noah,

I have also been really happy with Stessa. What do you use for managing properties? I am wanting to manage maintenance requests but feel I am going to end up doing double entry between two systems.

Thanks
      Brian

For our management portfolio we’re on Buildium. It’s more than the average investor needs though. Just use a spreadsheet if you’re dealing with <10 properties. 

User Stats

Votes
      Replied May 11 2024, 09:35
      Quote from @Noah Laker:
      Quote from @Brian M.:
      Quote from @Noah Laker:

Hi Noah,

Thanks
      Brian

For our management portfolio we’re on Buildium. It’s more than the average investor needs though. Just use a spreadsheet if you’re dealing with <10 properties. 

Thanks Noah, 

I'm under 10 units. I have been using Appsheet for other items and can create something I can send the tenants.
      Thanks

User Stats

Votes
      Dan Thomas
      • Bow, NH
      Votes |
      • Bow, NH
      Replied May 11 2024, 15:30

@Noah Bacon

Do you have contact info for them? My account was corrupted 6 months ago and can't talk to anyone other than a bot.

Pretty terrible customer service....drove me to quickbooks....any discounts there?