Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Wong
Votes |
How is the Yorktown Muncie Indiana for LTR?

Daniel Wong
Posted Mar 20 2024, 22:43

Anyone familiar with the West Muncie + Yorktown area? I'm looking at a potential long term rental there. From a cursory view it looks a decent area with a good rent to price ratio. Though I'm not sure how much activity there is out there, and if it'd be easy to find renters.

User Stats

Votes
Jaron Walling
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Mar 21 2024, 06:57

@Daniel Wong I lived in Muncie for 5 years during school and drove through all the time. It's a nice town with moderately sized single family homes. Mostly blue-collar working class with not much going on. 

The downtown area has actually improved since my college days. The Mouse Trap is the fun place to grab drinks. People commute for work to Muncie, Anderson, and Indianapolis. The Morrow's Meadow Park and Carl Scott Disc Golf Course is pretty fun. Other than that it's a boring extension of Muncie (small college town). 

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Lingle
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Mar 21 2024, 11:23

Definitely a cash flow versus appreciation play. Modest development as @Jaron Walling mentioned. Mostly outshined by greater Indy. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jake Knight
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis
Replied Mar 22 2024, 06:46

I actually have friends that live in Yorktown!  It's very attractive to residents in the area because of the school district.  They revitalized the downtown area and it's overall regarded as a nice area to live.  If you have a kid in school, it's a great option.  This should mean that it has great long term potential and it's growing.  I'd love to pick up more properties in the area.

User Stats

Votes
Scott P.
  • Indiana...mostly
Votes |
  • Indiana...mostly
Replied Mar 26 2024, 19:35

In general, Yorktown is regarded as one of the best areas of the Muncie area.

User Stats

Votes
Staci Rogers
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Indiana
Replied Apr 25 2024, 12:11

Hi Daniel,

I am happy to connect you with a couple agents I work with in that market. They can provide you with some great insight about investing in that market.

Staci

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Gentile
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Worcester, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Worcester, MA
Replied Apr 25 2024, 12:24

I've spent some time in Muncie and Yorktown, previous relationship family lived there. Her father owned a few properties in the Yorktown area and was cash-flowing very well. Mind you, this was 2019-2021 so definitely a different environment for investing but the area is wonderful. Very happy people and not ridiculously priced homes from what I've seen lately.