Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Amanda McAvena
Votes |
Real Estate Consulting?

Amanda McAvena
Posted Apr 27 2024, 04:54

My business partner and I are considering starting a real estate consulting practice where we would advise buyers, sellers and investors on the buying and selling process. We recognize not everyone will want to hire a real estate agent, so our offering would provide people will all of the same knowledge and resources for a smaller fee. We plan to create package offerings for around $1,000-$5,000 depending on people's needs and requests. Before building out this offering I wanted to ask the community. Is this something you would want? Any input on services that would be must-haves? We plan to start in NYC and then create a network across the country, so we'd have local market experts. 

Thank you in advance for any input!

User Stats

Votes
Scott Trench
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Replied Apr 27 2024, 06:46

I suspect this will be one of many experiments conducted of this type.

I’d recommend that you get your license if you go this route. Giving specific real estate assistance generally requires a license.

User Stats

Votes
Alecia Loveless
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 27 2024, 16:36

@Amanda McAvena I could see myself using the less expensive version of this in out of stare/area markets.

At home I’m fortunate enough to have an outstanding realtor I work with that covers all of the boxes.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Doug Smith
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 27 2024, 17:36

I don't do business in NY, therefore I don't know NY law, but in most states that's "Unlicensed Activity" and it's actually a crime. It's not civil...it's criminal. Be careful.