Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
David Ounanian
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
What financing options are available for real estate investors?

David Ounanian
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. Louis, MO
Posted Apr 26 2024, 12:18

Real estate investors have a variety of financing options available to them, depending on their financial situation, investment strategy, and the type of property they're interested in. Here are some common financing options:

Traditional Mortgage: Obtain financing from banks with a down payment, paying off over time with interest.

Hard Money Loans: Short-term loans with higher interest rates, often from private investors, suitable for quick acquisitions or credit-challenged investors.

Private Money Lenders: Individuals or groups offering direct loans, with terms negotiated privately.

Seller Financing: Buyers make payments directly to sellers over an agreed period, with terms negotiated between parties.

Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Borrow against existing property equity with a revolving credit line, typically offering flexibility.

Real Estate Crowdfunding: Pool funds with other investors via online platforms for various real estate projects, offering diverse investment opportunities.

1031 Exchange: Defer capital gains taxes by reinvesting sale proceeds into similar properties within a specific timeframe, useful for tax optimization.

REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts): Invest indirectly in real estate through publicly traded companies, offering liquidity and diversification.

Joint Ventures/Partnerships: Collaborate with other investors to share resources and risks, leveraging each other's strengths for larger projects.

Subject To Financing: Buy a property subject to the existing mortgage that's in place on the property (doesn't get paid off when the property sells).

Assumable Mortgage: Buy a property and assume the mortgage that the seller already has in place.

Lease Option: Rent a property with the option to buy it prior to a later date.

Debt Service Credit Ratio (DSCR): A loan approved based on the income potential of the property

These options cater to different investor needs, preferences, and financial situations, providing flexibility in real estate investment strategies.

Thanks,

• Real Estate Agent MO (#2013004258)

CASHFLOW NATION Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mike Grudzien
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Eugene, OR
Replied Apr 26 2024, 14:36

David,

That is a very straightforward and comprehensive listing of the avenues for finance.  I'm going to send this to some of my junior team members to read and memorize (quiz to follow).
Keep up the good work.  It's nice to see folks provide some content (especially for the newbies joining every day.
My 2 cents,
Mike

User Stats

Votes
David Ounanian
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Apr 30 2024, 08:20
Quote from @Mike Grudzien:

David,

That is a very straightforward and comprehensive listing of the avenues for finance.  I'm going to send this to some of my junior team members to read and memorize (quiz to follow).
Keep up the good work.  It's nice to see folks provide some content (especially for the newbies joining every day.
My 2 cents,
Mike

Thanks for the feedback Mike!  Haha I love that you are going to quiz your team members!

• Real Estate Agent MO (#2013004258)

CASHFLOW NATION Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes